Comment your favorite healthy recipes!

Options
Jamagato
Jamagato Posts: 12 Member
My favorite recipes are lemon garlic butter shrimp with asparagus & a homemade summer salad.

Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp:
I pan fry shrimp & add lemon juice from half a lemon, a spoonful of minced garlic, and a tad bit of butter (you can use i can’t believe it’s not butter but don’t overdo it) and i cook until the shrimp is thoroughly pink. For the asparagus i pan fry them after the shrimp is done in the same pan to give it more flavor, and i use a pinch of salt and a lot of pepper. This you can cook with quinoa, potatoes, broccoli, etc. to meet your goals.
Calories: 128
Carbs 22% Fat 24% Protein 54%

Summer Salad:
I use a lettuce mix, chicken, apples, strawberries, cranberries, walnuts, blueberries, and for dressing i use a vinaigrette such as apple cider or raspberry.
Calories: 280
Carbs 42% Fat 25% Protein 32%

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Right now I am obsessed with these tacos I make:

Shredded pork (usually around 65g) topped with cole slaw (85g of cole slaw mixed with 50g of Bolthouse Avocado Cilantro Dressing) on top of a soft taco shell.

I usually eat two for dinner: P 23g C 38g F 16 - 395 calories for both
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I try to make most of my meals heavy on the veggies. Recent favorites include mushrooms, eggplant and bok choy sauteed in garlic and ginger along with salmon filet, all topped with a sauce of soy sauce, rice vinegar and Siracha.

I also love to make frittatas or simple egg scrambles with zucchini, mushrooms, onions, peppers and any other goodies I have on hand. Delicious topped with fresh salsa, avocado and some Greek yogurt.

Smoked Spanish paprika is a favorite seasoning for livening up bland foods like chicken or eggs.