Depo Shot Experiences

Options
2»

Replies

• babel95
    babel95 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Personally I’ve had a good experience with the depo shot (minus the first period, which lasted 16 days but was extremely light). I have continued losing weight while on it and don’t find my appetite has increased. I’m glad there are so many options so we can all find what works for us!
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 pounds on it rather quickly when I went on the shot (exactly once)--and I'm someone who gains or loses very slowly. My moods were also very intense and I was soo irritable. I had the implant for a bit as well but also didn't like it for similar reasons.

Mostly I was on the combination pill, then the Mirena, then back on the combination. I went off the pill because my blood pressure went up a bit and since I do very rarely get migraines my doc said I shouldn't be on them. So since December I've not been on anything. My period hasn't come back yet. I got a blood test I need to follow up on. I don't exactly miss it though.

It could also be correlation and not causation, but my mental health has been a LOT better since I went off birth control. I was considering a new Mirena but now I'm wary.

(If I lived in the US I'd get a 10 year IUD in a flash with how reproductive rights laws are going)