Logging negative exercise?

Options
Not sure where this goes...

I'm using my fitbit to track exercise, and usually that works fine. However, I have a nasty cold right now, so my 5 km walk was calculated to be 600 calories due to my heartrate...

Is there a way for me to create a customer excercise that subtracts exercise calories, so I can fix the error?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,935 Member
    Options
    Recommended method: Go to Fitbit's web site. Login. Click on the exercise activity in question and edit. Or delete and replace with a different one with the correct calories. This will modify what was automatically detected and directly correct it.

Equivalent in effect but not recommended due to potential for confusion: log an exercise on MFP for the same exact time frame, one that burns the correct number of calories. This will propagate and over write the original Fitbit exercise (essentially performing the edit task described above). Integration will take care of the calories in the end since your adjustment will have to change to compensate for the calories directly recorded on MFP. You will show changes in both apps and the calculations are slightly more confusing.