So confused - exercise and negative calories - Help

Can anyone explain this to me? On a Saturday I did a handful of workouts, and a seriously long walk, but I also indulged and ate a ton.

The photos are from my log of that day, and I just don’t get what i’m being told. I didn’t overeat, I under ate, yet that’s not what i’m being told.

I get this a lot and don’t really get what’s going on.

Yes I wear an Apple Watch to log steps etc. dd5xn4mi3pcq.jpeg
ovp0swravgcy.png

Thank yah kindly.

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited June 2019
    Are you manually entering your step based activity? You should let your tracker add that automatically, otherwise you are just confusing things and it's reducing your calories so you don't double dip.

At least that's what it looks like you are doing.
  • emailkmo911
    emailkmo911 Posts: 5 Member
    Nope. Not entering any of the activity manually, all coming in as a sync from my watch / phone.
  • RAinWA
    Well then, I am stumped - I suspect it has something to do with the way the information is being sent over to MFP but I use a Fitbit so am not that familiar with Apple. Hopefully someone smart will come along. :)
  • emailkmo911
    Hah. Well appreciate the thought. Like I said, i’m stumped.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    was this early in the day or later in the evening?

it may have also double-dipped your steps - if it logs both the walking sets into your daily steps
  • emailkmo911
    Mostly during the day.

Does seem like some kind of double dip, but still odd.
  • Nee_colee
    Nee_colee Posts: 1 Member
    I have multiple apps on my phone for Under Armour and my workouts have been added twice many times in the past.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    it appears that something may have documented workouts twice, unless you actually did that many workouts. I have an apple watch and this happened to me in the beginning when i was using other workout apps along with mfp and apple now I just use my applewatch and let it write into all the apps
  • RAinWA
    @emailkmo911

I am copying this answer that @heybales gave on a different thread. Figured it might help you.

Forget syncing the Apple Watch account directly and MFP having accurate figures.

Apple fails to send the required info - namely Total Daily Calories burned - that MFP API's say are supposed to be sent.
    Instead they send a figure that is about sedentary.

They do NOT send anything about all the extra calories above sedentary that your steps may cause.

They do send workouts - but that makes it worse on MFP math because it's not contained in that Total Calories Burned.

Forget the figures - useless.
    The more active you are, the more workouts you do - the worse the effect going the wrong direction for adjustments.

You'll need to have like Pacer sync with MFP and Apple both. It passed the correct info to MFP that almost all other trackers do correctly and are stated in the API's to send.
  • emailkmo911
    Appreciate that. Was afraid that might be the case.