2»

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    mrswinterx wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »

weight each individual ingredient and logging separately is key. for anything you have control over (for recipes create your own). food scale for everything.

if you were open to it, one option is to open your diary temporarily and some of the members who've been at it years can take a peak and offer some tips/suggestions or areas that could potentially maybe be problematic.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

How do I open my diary [/quote]

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

from there go to bottom of the screen and select public:
    Diary Sharing:
    Private
    Public
    Friends Only
  • mrswinterx
    mrswinterx Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There are a few reasons you may be seeing no loss right now. The first is illustrated in the picture the second is explained below it.
    I have Atleast 3 stone left to loose
    Yes I’m using a food scale
    I don’t double check the database

I’ve been logging for 41 days I’ve missed some days in between and had a few over the calories cheat days.

I was loosing at first but in the past two weeks half lost about half a pound.

It is starting to feel very disheartening I don’t have a rest day with my exercise could this slow my weight loss down.

But when I don’t exercise I feel really strange and like a slob and feel guilty all day.

qc78xk6dmqma.jpg Often times people lose weight very quickly in the first week or two of a diet. Very often a large portion of the initial weight loss is water due to the change in diet. As time goes by the body adjusts to the new regime and the water comes back. If they continue to diet they think they aren’t losing anything when in actual fact they are now losing fat pounds. If you are one of those folks who had a big drop at the beginning of your program this is likely the case and you are still losing. Don’t quit.

Thank you I don’t quit just get a bit depressed then keep trying I have just gave birth 3 months ago so I don’t know if this has something to do with the scales not moving.

But I won’t give up I will soldier on lol.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Thank you very much I will start logging everything separate and see if that makes a difference.

I will give myself a couple of weeks without weighing myself and see if it drops a bit then.

Thank you again I will give myself a day to rest do I need to rest from everything or can I still do my squats everyday ?

If it doesn't cause you undo stress, I'd encourage weighing yourself daily and using a trending app like HappyScale or Libra (excel works too) to gather a more statistically significant data set. Due to fluid changes scale weight can fluctuate greatly and make it hard (and sometimes discouraging as you're finding) comparing point-to-point weights.

I will try this and see if it helps any I do drink a lot of tea and coffee bad habit I think I’m having a lot of empty calories in just this alone could be part of my problem maybe water weight ?

As long as any additives to you tea and coffee are tracked and accounted for it shouldn't make any significant difference. I have vanilla coffeemate in my coffee daily and it's not negatively impacted my ability to manage my weight... lack of calorie adherence is by far a bigger issue.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You've gotten some good advice so far. At times like this I think it is always a good idea to use a food scale and to double-check your entries for better accuracy.

I personally think it may be time for a diet break. There's a great thread about this. I'm on my phone and can't link to it, but you could probably find it by searching 'diet break'.
  • Panini911
    edited June 2019
    Options
    my two cents and that is all it is worth ;)

You have a lot of half logged days or unlogged days. depending on what you are eating and not logging that can have a big impact. see the above photo of under eating, over eating trends.

Your protein is SUPER low. while not important for weight loss, it is important for health.

are the meals you eat purchased "ready made" or examples of something you are making?

make sure to use the scale on all foods.

ensure you get the correct measurements (weight) of what you put in your tea daily.

- by "toast" make sure you get the correct calorie count for hte exact bread you are using. ideally log the correct brand and type of breed you are specifically using.
    - Avoid using any entires such as "toast" which are crazy vague and a slice of bread can vary from 50cals to 180 cals per (or more even).
    - weight the beans
    - Nescafé - Decaff With Skimmed Milk and One Sugar, 250 ml (mug) - log your milk and sugar separately and account for correct amount. again with too general and vague an entry to be useful. You CAN create a "meal" so you don't have to re-enter that each time.
    - unles 'L.A. Diner - Cheese & tomato baguette, 1 baguette" is a specific brand and it's like a ready meal this is another example of a much too general entry (forgive me if that is a popular brand of pre-packaged food)
    - weigh the strawberries
    - weight the hazelnut spread
    - is this a very specific large brand and portion of a scone or general entry you are using "one stop - sultana scone, 60 gram"
    - hopefully you are indeed weighing the "chips"
    - what was this "Greggs - Chicken Mayo Baguette, 115 g" is this a prepackaged brand name product?
  • mrswinterx
    Options
    I always weigh my food and go by packaging of the product I’m using , yes the Greggs is a pre packaged sandwich.

I think I’m going to start making everything from scratch and stop using pre packaged food that way I can log everything to a T I’m very picky with my meat the only meat I eat is chicken and a sausage lol .

I’m trying to eat a lot more eggs and veg to get some goodness into my diet.

I do eat a small quantity of almonds every now and then.

I will start a clean slate with logging everything on its own and be completely precise with my measurements.

What is a better method to get protein in my diet
  • mrswinterx
    Options
    Thank you very much I will start logging everything separate and see if that makes a difference.

I will give myself a couple of weeks without weighing myself and see if it drops a bit then.

Thank you again I will give myself a day to rest do I need to rest from everything or can I still do my squats everyday ?

If it doesn't cause you undo stress, I'd encourage weighing yourself daily and using a trending app like HappyScale or Libra (excel works too) to gather a more statistically significant data set. Due to fluid changes scale weight can fluctuate greatly and make it hard (and sometimes discouraging as you're finding) comparing point-to-point weights.

I will try this and see if it helps any I do drink a lot of tea and coffee bad habit I think I’m having a lot of empty calories in just this alone could be part of my problem maybe water weight ?

As long as any additives to you tea and coffee are tracked and accounted for it shouldn't make any significant difference. I have vanilla coffeemate in my coffee daily and it's not negatively impacted my ability to manage my weight... lack of calorie adherence is by far a bigger issue.

Thank you I will have my coffee without feeling guilty now. I will make sure I’m under my calorie goal everyday and log every we bit separately as I must be doing something wrong. If only I could have a personal chef lol
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I always weigh my food and go by packaging of the product I’m using , yes the Greggs is a pre packaged sandwich.

I think I’m going to start making everything from scratch and stop using pre packaged food that way I can log everything to a T I’m very picky with my meat the only meat I eat is chicken and a sausage lol .

I’m trying to eat a lot more eggs and veg to get some goodness into my diet.

I do eat a small quantity of almonds every now and then.

I will start a clean slate with logging everything on its own and be completely precise with my measurements.

What is a better method to get protein in my diet

You necessarily need to abandon packaged foods, just weigh it when you can or for a period of time to see if it varies significantly. For instance, I found the scoops of the protein I use (MyProtein) always yield 30-31g of powder, despite the label for 1 scoop is for 25g; I now weigh all my protein. Clif bars are stated to be 68g and I've not found one to be off by more than 1-2 g so I don't bother weighing those most days.
  • mrswinterx
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    There are a few reasons you may be seeing no loss right now. The first is illustrated in the picture the second is explained below it.

I’ve been logging for 41 days I’ve missed some days in between and had a few over the calories cheat days.

It is starting to feel very disheartening I don’t have a rest day with my exercise could this slow my weight loss down.

But when I don’t exercise I feel really strange and like a slob and feel guilty all day.

qc78xk6dmqma.jpg Often times people lose weight very quickly in the first week or two of a diet. Very often a large portion of the initial weight loss is water due to the change in diet. As time goes by the body adjusts to the new regime and the water comes back. If they continue to diet they think they aren’t losing anything when in actual fact they are now losing fat pounds. If you are one of those folks who had a big drop at the beginning of your program this is likely the case and you are still losing. Don’t quit.

Thank you I don’t quit just get a bit depressed then keep trying I have just gave birth 3 months ago so I don’t know if this has something to do with the scales not moving.

3 months ago??? You should not be worried about the scale right now. Take care of yourself and let your body heal. If you are breastfeeding, it's really important that you don't cut calories too low or you may lose supply. If you aren't BFing, your body is still recovering, which can lead to water weight swings. And if the previous post is correct that you are already a healthy weight, you just really need to be patient and focused more on your and your baby's recovery and health. Congrats BTW :smile:

3 months ago??? You should not be worried about the scale right now. Take care of yourself and let your body heal. If you are breastfeeding, it's really important that you don't cut calories too low or you may lose supply. If you aren't BFing, your body is still recovering, which can lead to water weight swings. And if the previous post is correct that you are already a healthy weight, you just really need to be patient and focused more on your and your baby's recovery and health. Congrats BTW :smile:

Thank you very much , no I’m not breastfeeding but I still think my body’s still trying to balance out. It’s just I’m still a lot bigger than I’m used to and have been exercising since 6 weeks postpartum to try get everything back but lucky if I’ve lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks x
  • mrswinterx
    Options

Thank you very much , no I’m not breastfeeding but I still think my body’s still trying to balance out. It’s just I’m still a lot bigger than I’m used to and have been exercising since 6 weeks postpartum to try get everything back but lucky if I’ve lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks x

OK. Your problem is unreasonable expectations. Close to a pound a week is not a bad rate of loss. Just keep it up, and within a year you should be at or close to your goal of losing 3 stone.

I suppose when you put it out in front of you it does seem like a steady pace.
    it just seems very slow and feels like I’ll never get there lol
  • Panini911
    edited June 2019
    Options

OK. Your problem is unreasonable expectations. Close to a pound a week is not a bad rate of loss. Just keep it up, and within a year you should be at or close to your goal of losing 3 stone.

slow is not a bad thing. especially if you are not hungry and feeling good. the winner is the person who can keep losing weight and hit their goal while feeling full and happy and eating the most ;)
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I dont know if the OP is still reading but I wonder if she is pregnant. She says her clothes dont fit and is putting on weight, not just not losing weight.
  • mrswinterx
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »

slow is not a bad thing. especially if you are not hungry and feeling good. the winner is the person who can keep loosing weight and hit their goal while feeling full and happy and eating the most ;)

Thank you I know it will come and be better in the long run I’m just being inpatient but I will feel great when I hit my goal I will keep my diary open haha that way less inclined to snack on fatty food.