Quit smoking!!!

As of now it’s been almost 48 hours since I quit smoking. At 28 years old I have a 9 year old daughter and a 2 year old son and another son on the way and I want so badly to be able to keep up with them and have them make healthy choices. Also I have physique goals for myself that I am hoping to reach and saving money is a huge motivator considering I was smoking between a pack and a pack and a half a day! Has anyone else ever quit smoking recently? Still struggling with cravings bad and looking for support!

Replies

• Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    I quit just over a year ago, though I'm still using nicotine lozenges. My kids were my main motivation as well but also the main reasons I needed a smoke! 😂 Quitting was the toughest thing I've ever done, am still doing actually. Great job and good luck to you!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Congratulations on quitting, it's tough but you can do it! I quit 11 years ago as I was having back surgery and smoking makes the spine less likely to fuse. I joined a forum where the slogan was Not One Puff Ever. I chanted that saying all the time! Changing things like sitting in a different spot where you used to smoke and modifying habits is important. You're making a huge improvement in your health and setting a great example for your kids, keep up the good work!
  • Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Congratulations on quitting, it's tough but you can do it! I quit 11 years ago as I was having back surgery and smoking makes the spine less likely to fuse. I joined a forum where the slogan was Not One Puff Ever. I chanted that saying all the time! Changing things like sitting in a different spot where you used to smoke and modifying habits is important. You're making a huge improvement in your health and setting a great example for your kids, keep up the good work!

Modifying habits, yes! I had to throw out the jacket I normally wore to smoke. Nothing was wrong with it, but I had to get rid of it. It's the little things that will trigger you.
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Thanks guys as of posting this my official time from my last cigarette is...w4xc8dfio989.png
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    I'm on my 4th attempt at quiting
  • dlbohl1991
    I’m really looking forward to more vascularity bwahaha . It actually makes me feel better knowing that I’m not the only one 1 year into my fitness journey and just now quitting
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I'm really proud of you! I'm not a smoker but my husband is and I wish he'd quit. I'd like him around longer and I'm not sure how much cigarettes cost there but they are mega expensive in Australia. We probably spend AUD$200 approx. a week! Gosh what I could do with that money!
  • dlbohl1991
    A pack costs around $7.00 US here. So roughly 7-10.50 a day. $2,555.00-$3,832.50 a year!
  • dolphin041568
    dolphin041568 Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations on quitting...a tough one for sure....it's been 11 years for me...unfortunately I developed COPD from smoking and now am on oxygen for life..I'm 64 and have been on oxygen for 9 years.....wish I had quit a long time ago or never started....but such is life.....I try to tell people not to start....I wish you much success....keep up the good work...now I'm trying to lose some weight...would like to get rid of about 30 pounds....
  • benn8895
    benn8895 Posts: 29 Member
    I quit four months ago and I still crave them. It definitely gets easier after the first few days but I have a feeling it may be a struggle for a while longer. Good luck to you on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend : )
  • dlbohl1991
    Honestly driving in the truck has been horrible! It is getting easier though
  • jessiedawn8400
    jessiedawn8400 Posts: 37 Member
    Congrats on the decision to quit! Quitnow is an app to track everything that has a great supportive and active community on it.
  • mabelsdaddy
    mabelsdaddy Posts: 116 Member
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »
    As of now it’s been almost 48 hours since I quit smoking. At 28 years old I have a 9 year old daughter and a 2 year old son and another son on the way and I want so badly to be able to keep up with them and have them make healthy choices. Also I have physique goals for myself that I am hoping to reach and saving money is a huge motivator considering I was smoking between a pack and a pack and a half a day! Has anyone else ever quit smoking recently? Still struggling with cravings bad and looking for support!

I'm on my first day, although i've been on my fitness journey for well over a year!
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »

I'm on my first day, although i've been on my fitness journey for well over a year!

That’s what happened for me. I started lifting, no cardio or anything else. And then a month or so ago I started wearing an activity tracker and logging my calories initially because I was told abs are made In the kitchen haha. Anyway I started seeing health and fitness as more of a motivator and then my kids and so on. Right now I have had a couple but I’m still pushing through.
  • dlbohl1991
    I forgot to add that I’m rooting for you I’m so excited to be done!
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Doing it for your daughter, and your own health is fantastic. Setting concrete goals also really helps!

I quit a pack a day habit 10 years ago. I was paying around $5/pack, $35/week. Instead of buying cigarettes, I took that $35 every week and tucked it into a separate savings account. After 9 months, I had over $1200 saved and was able to fund a week long beach trip with a group of girlfriends.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member
    After more than 45 years of smoking 1 to 1 1/2 packs a day I quit 6 weeks ago today. Giving up nicotine was not a problem...the hand to mouth however still hits me especially in the afternoons. I have an e-cig with 0% nicotine oil but I seldom use it unless I am over the edge.
  • dlbohl1991
    Thank you guys for sharing 👏
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Congrats on your quit. I am 5 months smoke free and that is the best decision of my life. It gets much easier with time. I was paying 15 dollars per pack of 25 ciggs (in canada) which is crazy.