oats, cottage cheese and egg white wraps?

slbbw
slbbw Posts: 329 Member
I am relatively cheap and a decent cook, which means I often prefer to make things over buying them. I did a oats, egg white and cottage cheese pancake cooked in a sheet pan this weekend as a higher protein bread sub and I really enjoyed it. I am thinking I could probably figure out a flat-out style wrap form for this, but was wondering if anyone here has tried anything like that. I am not sure if my ratios will need to change or just the form and possibly cook time.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    Interesting - can you post or link to the recipe?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    If you want them thinner, so they'll bend more easily to be used as a wrap (no idea how thick your pancake/bread sub is), you basically need to increase the proportion of liquid (either more water or more egg white, or some combination of the two). You probably don't need to go for a batter as thin as crepe batter, but that's the direction you need to head,
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    So the recipe I am using is: all quantities were measured in g and converted to volume
    1 cup cottage cheese
    2 cups egg white
    1.5 cups oats.

This gives me roughly 12 thin bread slices when I pour the batter into a rimmed sheet pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 min. I tried it with the same recipe but halved and spread over a slightly larger pan and it worked pretty well. A few spots were a bit thin but seemed to have softened up in the fridge overnight. Cooked at 350 for 15 min. 6 pieces each having 74 calories; 8g carb, 1g fat, 7g protein, 1g fiber. If you cut it into 4 instead of 6 pieces it would be 110 cal; 12carb, 2 fat, 11 protein, 2 g fiber.