Please help a desperate girl here xD eating 1200 calories, anyone have experience on 5:2 diet?

Options
Soo ive been eating 1200 calories since last year and lost 16 kgs! I am now 57 kgs, but for a month now ive reached plateau or starvation mode? im a bit unsure.. but my weight wont drop, and if I eat a little over 1200, I gain weight the next day! My mentabolism is sooo bad atm. So ive decided to maybe start the 5:2 fasting plan? To get my weight loss started again. Eat. 1200 calories 5 times a week and then 500 two times a week, is that safe? or should i switch up to 1300 calories 5 times a week and 500 two times a week? ( by the way I dont workout, like at all, only go for walks. ) Thanks so much:)<3

Replies

• bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You need to supply more info.
  • bellacelina2
    bellacelina2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    im 158 cm, 57 weight :) been struggling to lose weight latley, even though i eat 1200 calories
  • bellacelina2
    Options
    my plan is eating 1200 calories 5 times a week, and 500 calories 2 times a week. I was wondering if it is safe to do so?
  • bellacelina2
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hey kimny:) ive made it public now, thanks so much for the reply:)) If i want to do the 5:2, how many calories should I eat on the 5 days I´m not eating 500 calories? :o I can try to go up to 1300 calories, and 500 on those two days, would that be safe? My goal is to loose 10 more kgs:)<3 @kimny72
  • bellacelina2
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yeah I apologize for that, its all in Norwegian! I log in everything correctly, specially since I dont really eat dinnerish food that needs measurements, i usually just eat yoghurt etc for dinner:) And I do log bad days, forinstance if ive eaten mcdonalds for dinner, i eat forinstance only a banana for breakfast^^. If I do 1480 on regular days and 500 cals on others, will i still lose weight every week? or will it be a slow progress? Because atm if i eat only 100 calories over 1200 calories, I gain weight the next day, so im very scared for increasing calories! Thank you sooo much for answering, I really appreciate it:D ive been panicking since i havent been able to lose weight in 1 month at all haha! So im happy for ur reply:))<3 @kimny72
  • bellacelina2
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I post correctly what I eat but I admit sometimes im lazy with things ive weighted before, with the nectarines, i weighted one which was 100 grams, and since they all look exactly the same in size, and i would still be 100 under 1200 calories, i just put 100 grams on all of my nectarines, same story with bananas, but I can try to be more acurate, that is a good tip, thanks:)

I have a tendency to eat a lil less than 1200 calories, but only like 50 to 100 under, sometimes 200 under. Its because im desperate to lose weight, I feel that 57 kg is too much for me and I look wayy to big atm and then I really mean wayy to big, so I want to reach a weight of 47kg to look like my ideal weight. But my weight dont really drop anymore(ive lost 16 kgs so far), but as you said, It gets harder the lower u get. Which is why im considering going up to 1300 calories for a week, then back to 1200 calories, or do the 5:2 diet. What do you guys recommend?

Thank you very much for replying, I reeally apreciate it:))<3 @Panini911 @EmBeatie @Psychgrrl @kshama2001 ohh and kshama, correct im around 125 pounds, my goal is 103 pounds:)<3 I will follow your tips to weight my food more correctly, been a bit lazy latley, bad habit!
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, you seem to be too aggressive with your deficit and your goal weight is on the border of underweight, which is likely too low. Eat nutrient dense food, do some exercise you enjoy, focus on health and happiness rather than minor fluctuations on the scale? If you're unhappy with your shape, you could always look into strength training. I have stayed the same weight since October but dropped a dress size because of re-composition, and I think I look better now than when I was borderline underweight in the past. That would require upping the protein in your intake. Why the mega rush? If you take it slower, it's likely to be more sustainable longterm.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    +1 for what the previous post says