Best BHB Ketone Supplement?

Options
I'm looking to add a little flavor to my daily water (I have a HUGE bubba mug and can drain at least 75 oz a day), and get a bit of a boost. I already eat low carb (diabetic). I was looking into Keto supplements and wondering what would be best as an all-day additive to add to my mug.

Replies

• Nokt2018
    Nokt2018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Salt. Track your electrolytes. You shouldn't need to add ketones, you should produce them.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Most supplements are bunk since they are not regulated. Save your money.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Nokt2018 wrote: »
    Salt. Track your electrolytes. You shouldn't need to add ketones, you should produce them.

I'm highly insulin resistant (among other problems). I'm not sure my body produces much of anything.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    DrBorkBork wrote: »
    Nokt2018 wrote: »

I'm highly insulin resistant (among other problems). I'm not sure my body produces much of anything.

Of course it does. Are you dead? If not, your body is doing it's job.

If you are eating low carb, then you are likely not fueling adequately so your body is either making glucose through a process called Gluconeogenisis or it is pulling stored glucose from your cells. If you are really lucky and eating low carb enough, your body is creating Ketones for fuel. Being Insulin Resistant has nothing to do with your body's ability to produce Ketones. Insulin Resistance is caused by Pancreatic Insufficiency, Ketones are produced in the Liver. That's just how it works.