Snacks with high calories

Options
Hello

I’m going to gain weight
As my target are keep calories surplus from my standard calories need, so i using this app to calculate calories

As my breakfast, lunch and dinner didn’t reached my target i add some food as snacks, but sometimes it make me so full, so i using gainer as my snacks and to hit my target..
If there is any advise for snacks (and timing) that contain high calories and not make feeling so full please kindly share the menu

I tried to change gainer by using food

Thanks

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What makes you full and what makes others full will vary. I tend to experiment keep notes about which foods fill me up and which don't. Typically, calorie dense, less volume, less fibre foods will be less filling.
    Carbs like syrups, jams, juice, dried fruit, white bread, bagels, pasta (for some), muffins
    Fats like nuts, seeds, nut butters, oils, granola, avocado, full fat dairy, ice cream.
    Higher fat cuts of protein such as chicken thighs, beef, salmon, whole eggs, etc.

This thread can help with suggestions too
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    when in doubt - add ice cream - or cheese; look to full-fat diary alternatives (instead of zero fat, go with like noosa or similar that are full fat)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Keto fat bombs

Nuts or nut butters

Cliff bars or other similar bars that have pretty balanced nutrition without limiting the carbs.
  • mgmgmg1981
    mgmgmg1981 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter in a full fat yogurt (sheep milk has even more calories) or coconut yogurt.
    Dark chocolate 70% and over.
    Chocolate milk.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I accidentally clicked on this, but I've noticed Oreos and milk go down awful easy (unfortunately for me) and have like 600+ calories for a partial sleeve of Oreos and 12-16 oz of milk.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and peanut butter!