Anyone Women from Austin,TX or 5ft 3in or under?

Options
Hi,

I'm finally taking control of my health. I'm almost 43, 4ft 10in, weigh 130 lbs. I'm tired of being tired. I was sleeping almost 9 to 11 hours a day. I'm also tired of buying new "bigger" clothes. I work in an office sit down job and find my legs swell from lack of circulation. Not a good sign.

I'm looking for some gal pals who are petite or in Austin who are looking for walking companions or just a support group to keep each other motivated.

-- LovingLife

Replies

• crosswordnerd
    crosswordnerd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live far from Texas but I'm really short (4'10). I used this site to lose weight before and it worked really well for me. I'm currently pregnant so now I am using this site to keep track of exercise and certain food factors. I plan to keep using this site after baby is born in December to help me lose my baby weight.
    I also enjoy walking. It's an easy way to exercise and very relaxing.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    5'1" here...who couldn't use more support!!! Adding you now :)
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    well I'm 5'7' but I live in Austin
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. I'm 4'11live in Texas
  • TrishATX
    Options
    I am 5"2' and live in SW Austin, TX. I too am very tired of being tired and just turned 55 it will not get any easier to shed surplus pounds. I just started a personal 30 day challenge for August to get me back into the routine of logging to keeping track.of what I am doing and not doing. Would love the support to get healthier and hold me accountable. Currently nursing a bum knee so had to revamp my exercise to knee friendly I can still do some walking but have been water jogging more than hitting the pavement. Not sure what part of town you are in but maybe we can work in a weekly something.
    P.S. I too am a native Austinite, sometimes is seems that there are not many around.:smile:
  • shaggydaddy
    Options
    I am not female obviously but from Austin and wouldn't mind joining a walking group or support group. I live less than a quarter mile from Town Lake. Feel free to add me anyone in Austin.
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and lived in Austin until a few years ago! Now I live in Houston... wishing I could go back to Austin.... guess that doesn't really help your request much ;)
  • txwarriormama
    Options
    I just turned 43, am 5'2" and have lost 24 pounds since starting MFP at the end of April. I cook primarily gluten, dairy, soy, peanut and yeast free due to my son's food intolerances. My goal is to hit 30 pounds lost.

Chrissy in Round Rock
  • JennWeighZen
    JennWeighZen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me,me, me! I'm 5'1"... I live in Pflugerville, but work in south Austin, so I'm all over the place. :glasses:

I'm wanting to lose quite a bit of weight, about 90 pounds. I've committed to do this, but my body hasn't followed suit yet. :mad:

I need a tennis partner. (Anyone??)

Anyone that sees this and wants to -- friend me!! :flowerforyou:
  • lovinglife_atx
    Options
    That is so inspiring and awesome!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm from Kansas, but 5'3!! :) Feel free to add!! If you can handle a Kansas friend! ;)