Best time to workout??

Options
So when is the best time to workout? Morning? Night? After a meal or before? Let me know please!!!!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is no bad time!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Anytime that fits your schedule and preferences.

THIS!
  • labukit
    labukit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Appreciate the input. I will get it when I can!!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I personally think morning before you eat. I've read that exercising first thing in the morning before breakfast boosts your metabolism. For me it also makes me want to keep a good diet the rest of the day because I don't want to ruin the hard work I already put in.

Whatever you read was incorrect.

Your metabolism works all the time. It doesn't need to be "boosted," and almost everything claiming to change your metabolism in any way is a myth.
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I’m still searching. My work week consists of 1 first shift (7am-3pm)
    2 second shifts (3pm-11pm)
    And 2 third shifts (3pm-11pm):( my body and rest is thrown all over
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It depends, I'm a morning person and find that getting out for a run or rowing etc before breakfast is the perfect way to start the day. Some people prefer afternoon or evening. It's entirely up to you and your schedule.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Whatever works with your schedule. I sometimes workout first thing in the AM, sometimes mid day and sometimes late at night after I put my kids to bed. There is no *better* time than another.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did a yoga class at 7 am. Today I'm going to the gym to lift at 4.30 pm. Depends on the day/my mood/how organised I am.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »
    I’m still searching. My work week consists of 1 first shift (7am-3pm)
    2 second shifts (3pm-11pm)
    And 2 third shifts (3pm-11pm):( my body and rest is thrown all over

Good Lord--that doesn't sound sustainable. How do you sleep?
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It really is about when you can fit it in your schedule as well as personal preference. I exercise best first thing in the morning with a protein shake in the tank, but I have to get up at 0400 to do it. Sometimes, my body informs me we are not exercising at 0400 today, and I get it in when I can, either at lunch or after work. Good luck! :smile:
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    if i don't work out first thing in the morning, i never will, so that works best for me. it's really up to you. whatever your schedule and body allow.
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    When I was working days I actually found that waking up at 4 am and going from 5-6 gave me a lot more energy and motivation during the day. Something psychological about knowing you’re a badass getting up that early to workout when the rest of world is still sleeping. Now since I got bumped off of days and back to D shift I usually go at night around 9:30 on my first and third shifts and usually around midnight on my second shifts after I get off of work