Rest reminder

Options
alexmose
alexmose Posts: 792 Member
I teach fitness classes. I was teaching back to back tonight and one woman attempted to do both after not exercising for weeks. I had to stop the class and send her home bc her form was off, she was unable to keep up, but demanded she continue to workout. She burned out 3 mins after the conversation. Reminder that rest is key.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What type of class? You did the right thing by sending her home.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Good on you for telling her to rest. I'm typically good about making myself rest (I tend to get mild colds if I don't), but have a friend who does a good job of keeping me accountable if I appear to be drifting too far from that. I do the same with her.
  • alexmose
    Options

HIIT followed by a weightlifting class. I wasn’t even going to participate myself in the second class.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

HIIT followed by a weightlifting class. I wasn’t even going to participate myself in the second class.

That strikes me as being the wrong way around to do that combination even if you're healthy. Doing weights when tired is EXACTLY how you get injured.
  • alexmose
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »

That strikes me as being the wrong way around to do that combination even if you're healthy. Doing weights when tired is EXACTLY how you get injured.

Just the order the gym scheduled classes. I’m there to get paid
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »

Just the order the gym scheduled classes. I’m there to get paid

Well yes; clearly you didn't have a choice. But this lady did. And she seems to have chosen... poorly... at every level :(