Can’t exercise at the moment

Options
amioc
amioc Posts: 175 Member
Hi everyone im after some advice please. A month ago I joined my local gym with the goal of toning up and loosing fat I really enjoyed working out and I was starting to see some results and I was so happy! I won’t go into to many details but I ended up in hospital on Monday and had to have a catheter fitted for the foreseeable future and now I can’t walk far or exercise 😭 so my question is how can I carry on loosing weight without exercise? Is it even possible to do so? Many thanks ami

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    can you sit up? maybe you could look into seated exercises? Can you engage your core? maybe google seated pilates or just seated exercises, no walking, no impact videos? I know when I had surgery on my foot I was able to find videos only where I could use other body parts without actually impacting my foot.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    amioc wrote: »
    how can I carry on loosing weight without exercise? Is it even possible to do so?

Of course. Countless people have lost weight simply by eating fewer calories. Read the pinned post in the "General" forum for more on the basics of weight loss.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise at all right now and am happy with my weight loss so far.

Hope you feel better soon. <3
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by being in a calorie deficit. Exercise is not required. Eat at maintenance while you're healing, and then you can go back into a deficit to continue losing weight.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you are ill, don’t take too steep of a calorie deficit your body needs the nutrition to heal. Hope you’re feeling better soon.
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for your advice 😊 I can do toning exercise I just can’t walk much run or do and jumping around