8 weeks in. Weight loss stalled

Options
2»

Replies

• lemmonie21
    lemmonie21 Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Fair enough. I’d be surprised if it amounted to more than 800 calories a day or even 200 but will give it a whirl and go from there. Obviously I have the scales already as they sit on the side so I can use them as needed
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    NM
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    lemmonie21 wrote: »
    Yeah sometimes I cook the family a meal then I end up having a couple of tablespoons of it whilst it’s cooking so guess at the meat/beans/tomato/sauce etc. I would choose a 0.2tin of beans for that one!!
    Perhaps I need to avoid cooking dinners like that for me so ensure calories are easier to check and stop picking at their meals!

Actually a big shame for me with this weight loss is that I dont really cook from scratch any more as I am a taster, a slosher, a nibbler, a chucker in of things. If I made for 4 people I would end up eating it all. I need small portioned ready prepared stuff.

Its a shame but its how it works for me.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    How much do you have left to lose? Sometimes as we get closer to our goal it becomes very slow and it doesn't take much to keep any fat loss from showing up. You could try a diet break although after only 8 weeks I wouldn't think one is necessary. Personally I would just keep plugging along. 9 lbs in 8 weeks is really great. Don't lose sight of what you have accomplished so far. Watch any bites or tastes. Those kill me sometimes. I'm in maintenance but sometimes my weight starts to climb and I'm often frustrated but if I'm really honest I ate a handful of chips here and tasted my husband's food I was making there... It all adds up. I have to keep telling myself that my body counts every calorie even if I don't. Also if you eat your exercise calories back be careful you aren't counting exercise as more than it really is. Many of us only eat about half what MFP gives us. Good luck.