Feeling really low today

Options
I got the reality check of a lifetime today when I got my BF% checked up and it's a whopping 47%. I knew I was gaining weight and I was eating a *kitten* ton of food both out of stress and boredom, but I did not realize it was this bad.

It feels especially agonizing because a year ago, I had successfully lost 22 pounds and maintained it for close to 8 months, having stopped eating at a deficit.

I am now getting married in possibly 7-8 months, and I am not sure I will be able to lose the 50 pounds I wanted to. I have been putting in the effort, but now the road just seems very long.

I also haven't seen the scale shift in a week, although I have been logging everything I eat. The only explanation is that I started lifting weights, and getting close to my cycle.

Any motivation I would be grateful for.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. You did it before. You can do it again. <3
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    One day at a time. You did it before. You can do it again. <3

Thank you!
  • shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 48 lb a few years ago but have gained most of it back and am pretty discouraged with my lack of progress and continual cycle of back and forth with my eating. I've managed to exercise regularly all of 2019, which is great, but I want to try to concentrate on my eating more and I think that giving and receiving support might help. I don't normally track on MFP but I may start if I can find a few people to help keep each other motivated. I need to lose a similar amount of weight as you, so if you would like to be friends on MFP, that would be cool. My philosophy is basically counting calories, trying to be about 80 percent nutritious, and allowing room for some treats as well. Best of luck to you with your weight loss efforts...
  • Scareah
    Scareah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel the same sometimes too. That's why a support system is key!! Add me for support!