Close to goal and slacking

Options
whmscll
whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
I am three pounds from my original goal and six from the goal I decided to hit to allow for some maintenance “wiggle room.” While I see areas of my body that still have some fat I’d like to lose, overall I look good. This is leading to slacking. This week I have had to force myself to log and I’ve been over on calories at least half the days...once I was over by 400 calories! I need your help to stay motivated! Last time I did this and began slacking I gained half the weight back. Suggestions?

Replies

• mabboud2090
    mabboud2090 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breaking your calorie goals is a sign you are successfully in a deficit. Your mind will trick you into to eating. Follow every meal by 30 minutes of a no eat zone, you’ll notice you don’t have cravings. Don’t fall into the sunk loss fallacy, now is the time to get back on track
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do this! <3
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it this far! You can do this!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    On those days when you're over, do a few jumping jacks and crunches before you go to bed. That might help your mindset for the next day. Most of all, be kind to yourself!
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I feel you. Except I'm not even close. I still have 32 pounds to go. But after 8 months and 68 pounds, I'm starting to lose steam.
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Same! I’m at my original goal of 135 I set but I I want to lose another 5 now so I can set my maintenance range for 130-135. I was going over too so started eating at maintenance on the weekends and trying my hardest to stick to my 250 deficit during the week. I also eat back all my exercise calories. Have you tried allowing yourself to eat maintenance 1 or 2 days a week. It has really helped with my mindset. Add me as a friend!!
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You got this! I keep getting close and the. I yo yo up and down making a jagged plateau. Keep pushing and feel free to add me for the support!
  • mbandqb4eva
    mbandqb4eva Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Treat the last 3 lbs as if they are the first 3 lbs you are trying to lose. Its psychological. You control this, you got this. Stay on track!!