Moving around your digital scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I move mine everyday because I store it standing up in a corner and pull it out to use. I recalibrate it each time, no problem.
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have to move mine, the only good place for it to sit out is in my bathrooom. However, the bathroom has slate tiles and isn't an even enough surface to weigh on, so I move it into the wood floored hallway and then put it back.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mine gets hidden in a closet every day because it is glass (Renpho) and I have a 3 year old running around - not a good combo. It gets pulled out every morning just for weigh-ins, then returned to the closet. I have not really seemed to have much issues with this. I do try to position it on exactly the same tile in my bathroom each morning, which is just a little bit larger than the scale so it's really easy to center it - don't know if that helps but it seems to have stayed accurate.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Mine gets moved about a foot each day because there isn't an out of the way place I can store it and use it. I make an effort to pull it out the same spot to actually use it. Like you said, I just step on it and let it zero before using it.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I hate having to move my scale. The last 2 months I am only weighing monthly. I have my hubby hide the scale. When it comes back for my weigh in I have him step on the scale and see if that is his normal weight. Hate it but I am scale obsessed and get sad if I don't like the number.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    both my scales get moved every day. My body weight scale lives under my shoe bookshelf (as in bookshelf turned into shoe cupboard) and I have to move it to the bathroom - to a precise location on the wonky bathroom floor - I have counted out exactly which tiles it has to be on so that it's stable.

I have to put it down, step on it, it will give me a massive number. Then I get off, wait until it goes black again, tap it to wake it up, then step on it again, and I will generally have lost a couple of kilos in that 2 minutes. I can step on it again a billion times and it will continue to give me that same reading. So I take it as being OK.

My food scale gets moved too. It lives in a little gap between the toaster and a bowl thing full of crap. I have to pull it out onto the bench in order to be able to place my food on it. It seems to not mind being moved and the only thing that sometimes happens is it will decide to change to lbs instead of grams, which means I have to keep changing it back to grams before I weigh. But that's it. No crazy weight fluctuations like my body weight scales.

At my mum's house, her non-digital scale does not get moved at all - it lives in a corner in the bathroom and it also appears to be calibrated correctly (I always check before I step on it). It also is a pleasure to weigh on because it always tells me i'm about 2kg lighter at her place than I am at my place.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I rarely move my bathroom scales other than to pick them up to change the battery or occasionally when I scrub the bathroom floor.

Even then, I'm pretty pedantic about placement. I have 4 tiles on the bathroom floor that the 4 feet of my scale rest upon and when I have to move them they get placed back exactly as they were resting on the same 4 tiles =)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    I'd say y'all are ocd about that scale placement but I can move my scale like 3 inches on my kitchen floor and it'll register a half pound more. :)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I used to move my weekly but now I have moved it to an unused bedroom so it can stay in the same place. I have fewer problems with it now.