How much coffee to you drink?

Options
I am about 3-5 cups per day; whoo hoo to coffee. Since starting my weight loss journey I have learned how to accept coffee the way it is and drink it BLACK.

How much coffee do you drink? What do you put in it? Cream? Sugar? Powder? Has it affected your weight loss?

Replies

• SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Haha...I love coffee!! I drink it every morning to help me wakeup. Sometimes I will have a cup in the afternoon. I have a Keurig coffee maker and love it but try not to drink to much since those darn K-cups are so expensive!! I use to put flavored creamer & splenda in every cup. But since I started using MFP and trying to lose weight I drink it black but still add the splenda.
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1 cup a day for me, usually to help stave off any hunger in the morning (doing I.F. regimen and fasted training in the a.m.).

Drink it black, no sugar or artificial sweetner! Have lost 14.5 lbs in the past 6 weeks.
  • Dancesintherain75
    Options
    I used to drink a TON of coffee throughout the day with milk or cream, but I've found the longer I'm on this journey, the less I drink (and the less I want which is weird) I'm down to a cup in the morning with a 1/4 cup of 1% milk, no sugar and every once in a while I'll have a cup after dinner.

Sorry forgot to add that I don't really know if it's affected my weight loss as I changed to 1% milk right in the beginning and logged everything from day 1. I've been pretty consistent 34 lbs in 4 months.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I drink lots :) I used to go overboard on cream and sugar, but now I prefer just a little half and half or milk with just a little sugar.
    I have a Keurig too and it was the best day when I got one of those little gray cups so that I can use my own coffee. It's so much cheaper!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    One cup a day first thing in the am with vanilla almond milk. After that, I have a few cups of hot green tea (plain) during the day.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Half a pot in the morning and a half a pot before bed usually :) I :heart: coffee :drinker:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I drink it black.
    I love my coffee and do not see colors in the morning until I have had at least a cup or two. (or three. :smile: )
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    as much as I want recently switched to xylitol and light cream to cut sugar and fat out but on the phone now with my husband to bring me one thanks to this thread....:drinker:
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Black too and 3-5 throughout the day :)
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    1-2 cups a day, sweetened with either table sugar (when drinking at home) or Splenda (when drinking at work). I recently tried it with milk and found it gross, so I won't be going back to using creamer when I'm at maintenance, I guess.
  • Gooddaytostart
    Options
    I have to drink my coffee first thing in the morning. I use half and half and stevia....love it! Sometimes at night I have another with the same thing because I count it in with my calories! Enjoy!
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    1-2 cups a day, though I have it black and very strong, so it probably amounts to 3 cups. I've always drunk it black without sugar so haven't had to change that.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have two cups, black, every morning with breakfast. I usually have an afternoon iced coffee with half & half and sugar. It fits in my goals, and gives me a nice afternoon pick-me-up. In winter I'll switch to hot coffee in the afternoon, usually just with half & half - I tend to only sweeten my cold coffee.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Two cups each morning, with a tablespoon of heavy cream and a tablespoon of white sugar.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    4-5 cups a day. In the morning I use cream only, and in the afternoon I usually drink it black or with skim milk :drinker:
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just have the one cup in the morning as I need my caffeine fix to wake me up lol. 2 teaspoons of instant coffee 2 sugars and a splash of semi-skimmed milk :-)
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    4-10 cups of black coffee per day.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My average is about 3 cups a day and I use the flavored creamers, 1T per cup, measured out. This week it is Cinnabon creamer. Nummy.
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-4 cups a day. Usually I get coffee with skim milk and stevia or a few splendas since I have trouble drinking it black :laugh: Although some days I get whole milk, depending on the day.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 medium cup per day on work days. Some days I have one in the afternoon. Weekends I sometimes don't have any. I can take it or leave it I guess, but I like the taste!

ETA: I put cream and sweetner in it, it hasn't affected my weight because I'm still in a deficit.