Breast Weight Making me overweight?

Options
I have been wondering this for a while, but I just recently heard that the average D cup set can weight about 20 lbs. I myself am a DD. I've been wanting to lose about 20lbs too, but if i had smaller breasts i'd be my goal weight. Should I still be worried about my weight?? Maybe i'm just making an excuse to be lazy hahaha

Replies

• kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's a viable option if you want to remove your brests completely!

Quite honestly, it's an excuse. You could also argue that your head weighs 8 lbs, but you wouldn't want to remove that.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    put a scale on the counter, slap one on the scale and weigh it multiply by two and then you get the weight.

No, I have not actually tried this
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering this for a while, but I just recently heard that the average D cup set can weight about 20 lbs. I myself am a DD. I've been wanting to lose about 20lbs too, but if i had smaller breasts i'd be my goal weight. Should I still be worried about my weight?? Maybe i'm just making an excuse to be lazy hahaha
    I don't think so.

I'm a DD and no way in hell they weigh 20 pounds. Maybe 5.

For comparison, I have a cat that weighs 24 pounds. He is about five times the size of my chest.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Ah no. Breast weight is comprised of many variables such as fatty tissue and dense tissues, ducts etc.

So if yo loose 10lbs some of that will be off your breast and you will see them decrease...I have gone down a cup size and a band size after looseing 20lbs.

and not to be a smart *kitten* but 20lbs of boobs gone means no boobs if DDs are 20lbs
  • meadowsmummy
    Options
    a friend of mine just went from a EE to a B and lost just over 5 pounds>>>id hit the gym
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    It's not all about the scale yknow?
    If you're floppy all over and grab heaps of fat, then you probably really are overweight...
    It's not only those numbers, it's really not that hard to say wether your body is okay or not *if you have a realistic view of yourself and how a healthy body looks*

By the way sorry if this sounds rude, not trying to be rude at all.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Whaaat?no way I'd say they're more like 6 lbs. Mine are not even close to being that heavy o.0
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34DD and there's no way my boobs weigh 20 lbs.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, it sucks that we cant take that into consideration when we calculate our BMI!! Doesnt matter anyway.....if there is fat on the frame it can be reduced.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine just went from a EE to a B and lost just over 5 pounds>>>id hit the gym
    This.

I'd hit the gym and lose the 20LBS.

The boobs will go down too.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100616171354AAzUBiC
    "The Bra Maker's Handbook" contains an appendix on calculating breast volume and weight based on a series of measurements. This weight is then used to make sure the straps are wide enough to minimize shoulder pressure. A size 32DD breast would weigh between 2.5 and 3.0 pounds (1.1 - 1.4 kg) each based on density and volume.
    Source(s):
    "The Bra Maker's Handbook" by Stephanie Williams (Appendix; Calculating Breast Weight & Volume).
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm a G cup and it's nowhere near 20lbs.

Women are supposed to have boobs, and therefore boobs are taken into account in weight estimations. Some people carry more weight up there than others, but some people are bigger around the butt.

That said, if you are otherwise happy with your body and feel good at the weight you are, I wouldn't keep striving for an arbitrary number on the scale.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    put a scale on the counter, slap one on the scale and weigh it multiply by two and then you get the weight.

No, I have not actually tried this

I actually have tried this...<.<

I have big boobs, around a 38D, and they are about 2 lbs 10 oz each. So I super highly doubt the 20 lb boobs...
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You could also argue that your head weighs 8 lbs, but you wouldn't want to remove that.

^^ That is the funniest thing I have read all day.
    I keep reading that over and over again and just laughing more and more.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your BF% would be a better indicator for you...it is for most people anyway regardless of their boob size. Arbitrary scale weight is arbitrary...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Not necessarily.
    You could also argue that your head weighs 8 lbs, but you wouldn't want to remove that.

A positive side effect: You won't care what the scale says anymore.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Not necessarily.
    You may be right. They did for me, and I see often on here that they do for others, but probably not for everyone.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, sometimes they feel like they're 20lbs each, but no. They don't weigh nearly that much.

If you want to ignore your scale weight, feel free... you can easily track your real progress by regularly taking measurements. The MFP progress reports are set up to let you track your measurements, and you can add as many custom measurements as you like. You can also track your BF% -- you can pick up a set of calipers for well under $10.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    A C-D cup breast is about 600 grams (depending on the fat to parenchyma ratio of the actual breast), so 2 of them are right around 1.2 kg.

A D-DD cup breast is closer to 750 grams, so 1.5 kg.

That's 3.3 pounds of breast, including fat and parenchyma.

I know this because of mastectomy research and knowing how much tissue is removed during that process.

Also, if your breasts are more fatty tissue, they will shrink more when you lose weight, but if they are mostly parenchyma, they will 1) be heavier, and 2) won't shrink easily.

You have to be up in the HH-K category for breasts to weigh 20 pounds.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Yet another reason to buy a food scale.
  • Alocin75
    Options
    Sorry if this is TMI, but anyway... I've always had big boobs. No trainer bra needed! LOL Think I was a D in 5th grade.
    By time I was in my 20's I heard about breast reduction, so I went for a consultation and had the surgery a few years
    later. The surgeon removed 7 lbs one side and 8 the other, (yes, I'm weird!) My breasts were made up mostly of
    tissue and not fat, and were very dense. I didn't lose weight in them when I dieted like someone women do.

After surgery, I was a large C cup, (bigger than the B I asked for! Might have a revision some day, but doubt it.)
    Now, fast forever 6 years, my breasts are bigger than after surgery (D), but it's because of fat. They go up and
    down in size with my weight fluctuations, because most of the tissue was removed, but fat cells remained.
    But they're not heavy and dense like they were and don't cause me problems.

I agree with everyone else, about toning up, but if you truly have heavy breasts, (cause pain in shoulders, back, ect,) go see
    a doctor to see what he recommends. :)