working out when sore

Options
walnut
walnut Posts: 216 Member
Hi Everyone,
If you're sore from a harder-than-usual workout from the day before, do you think it's better to rest the next day and give your muscles a break, or get moving again to work the lactic acid out of your muscles?

Thanks!

Replies

• walnut
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    If you're sore from a harder-than-usual workout from the day before, do you think it's better to rest the next day and give your muscles a break, or get moving again to work the lactic acid out of your muscles?

Thanks!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I would say try to workout at a lower intensity. If it's REALLY sore, like...hard to move sore, then I would wait a day. I noticed that I was sore after I started Turbo Jam, but I worked through it the next day...and now I'm not sore anymore. Good luck!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    For me, and I must say I don't work out that hard, but I do get very sore, especially in my back. But if I go on the next day and do what I can, it seems to help. But I must admit I take a pain pill before, which I need for my back anyway, so maybe if you take some tylenol or something before it will help.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    IF YOU DID WEIGHT TRAINING, YOUR MUSCLE'S NEED A DAY TO REST ANYWAY. WORK OUT THE OPPOSITE MUSCLES YOU WORKED THE DAY BEFORE. IF YOU'RE SORE FROM CARDIO MAKE SURE YOU ARE STRETCHING OUT BEFORE AND AFTER, BUT I WOULD STILL DO A LIGHTER IMPACT CARDIO EVEN IF YOU'RE A LITTLE SORE.
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    You need to do rehabilitation exercises with very light weight and slow unlike losing calories you need to take it easy and simply move the muscles or you could stay sore for days. There is no need to keep that heart rate up for this one.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't push it, but a nice walk should ease your muscles - at least it does for me.
  • walnut
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'll take a leisurely walk today.
    :happy:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Lactic acid is what builds your muscle so your muscles need a break from all the work they did. I would rest or just do cardio or a diff muscle group if your really sore