Plateau

Options
georgieamber2
georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
edited June 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey!
So I’ve plateaued for a while at 10-10.2 stone (140-142lb). It’s a healthy weight but at the higher end for me, so I would like to be 9.5-10 stone (133-140lb). I’m not sure what I can do to end this plateau. I eat a pretty healthy vegan diet. However, I can’t seem to drop under 10 stone.
I strength train and do cardio 4/5 times a week. My cardio tends to be walking fast at a high incline as I suffer from shin splints. This cardio burns roughly 350 calories. I’ve also recently broken my hand in two places so can’t train upper body or squat which is a nightmare. Decided to adjust my cardio so I’m alternating between running on flat and walking on an incline - in the hopes it will shift the podge😂. Has anyone got any other tips on how they ended a plateaue?? x

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How long are we talking? Several week is a plateau, if its only been a few days - 2 weeks give it more time.

If you really are at a plateau then you have found maintenance, which is handy to know. Either eat a little less or exercise a bit more to make a slightly bigger deficit.
  • adlenemomant73
    adlenemomant73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on B) your success. Have you thought about jogging up and down stairs, joining a swim team? please add me
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hello! We'll need some more information.
    How much have you lost already in what period of time?
    How long have you been at your current weight?
    Water weight fluctuations can mask weight loss, it's totally normal (but annoying).

Do you weigh all of your food in grams with a food scale?
  • georgieamber2
    Options
    How long are we talking? Several week is a plateau, if its only been a few days - 2 weeks give it more time.

thankyou for the feedback. Several weeks now it’s been like this
  • georgieamber2
    Options
    Congratulations on B) your success. Have you thought about jogging up and down stairs, joining a swim team? please add me

Thankyou, I’ll add you! Swimming could be a good shout actually:) (lol I’m no good with stairs - last year I fell down them and fractured my shin, and the other week I feel up them which caused the break in my hand😂😂 - such an idiot lol)

• georgieamber2
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Hello! We'll need some more information.

I’ve never been very large! In August 2017 I was 158-160lb and never weight trained in my life! It was then I went vegan and exercised 1-2 times a week. In August 2018 I started strength training and upped my cardio. I weigh my food in grams, but since breaking my hand I tend to skip meals as cooking is a lot of effort (especially when I was in a cast) - so maybe my body is compensating for getting less food in recent weeks?? But I’ve been 10.2 stone for maybe 2 months
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh all solids you eat and measure liquids? If not, most likely you are eating more than you think.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    So I’ve plateaued for a while at 10-10.2 stone (140-142lb). It’s a healthy weight but at the higher end for me, so I would like to be 9.5-10 stone (133-140lb). I’m not sure what I can do to end this plateau. I eat a pretty healthy vegan diet. However, I can’t seem to drop under 10 stone.
    I strength train and do cardio 4/5 times a week. My cardio tends to be walking fast at a high incline as I suffer from shin splints. This cardio burns roughly 350 calories. I’ve also recently broken my hand in two places so can’t train upper body or squat which is a nightmare. Decided to adjust my cardio so I’m alternating between running on flat and walking on an incline - in the hopes it will shift the podge😂. Has anyone got any other tips on how they ended a plateaue?? x

you talk about eating "pretty healthy" and "vegan" - but these have nothing to do with weight loss. are you eating at a calorie deficit?
  • georgieamber2
    edited June 2019
    Options
    [/quote]you talk about eating "pretty healthy" and "vegan" - but these have nothing to do with weight loss. are you eating at a calorie deficit?[/quote]

I weigh all my food, and only drink water and zero calorie coke when I have something fizzy. I rarely exceed 1700 cals a day, and if I do, I’ve also worked out that day.