Any fellow bakers? Show us your bakes.

Options
Pearl4686
Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
I love baking. I also love eating home made goods, which is why I'm probably here in the first place ;)
Well, now I'm trying not to indulge but still bake for family and friends. So, any like-minded people out there? Love getting ideas from food photos.
Here are today's bakes:
myyloqhigup8.jpg

o4vim1fb8lco.jpg
wlikhxzeemzc.jpg
And a recent cheese cake:
3ms9qnw0taln.jpg

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I love to bake, mostly cookies, so my baking is pretty limited now, except at Christmas time. I retired a year and a half ago, so no where to bring my treats anymore. We had new windows put in a few weeks ago. I made cookies for the installer the first day, but he barely took a break, and they lasted the whole week the job took him. New siding in September, with a bigger crew to make treats for, so I’m looking forward to that. DH doesn’t eat sweets at all, so I would be the only one indulging and I don’t need, or want, the calories 🙁Your baking looks delicious!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    syeyjp8sy73f.jpgwv1g0rfjet96.jpg
    aldna7d5adxn.jpg

Chocolate chip scones, matcha baked donuts, and ugly-but-fun sugar cookies

• Pearl4686
    Options
    syeyjp8sy73f.jpgwv1g0rfjet96.jpg
    aldna7d5adxn.jpg

Chocolate chip scones, matcha baked donuts, and ugly-but-fun sugar cookies

Mmm those scones, I'm hungry!
  • kmillernutritionist
    kmillernutritionist Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Summer Lime Cheesecakeqxk4phj75ftb.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    I only do the easy stuff. Lasagna cupcakes. Cherry and strawberry clafoutis. Dutch bitterkoekjes (=almond macaroons).

c9lblwqni6u5.jpg
    ynczqvv64a9d.jpeg
    xczb09q3mup1.jpg

• Pearl4686
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I only do the easy stuff. Lasagna cupcakes. Cherry and strawberry clafoutis. Dutch bitterkoekjes (=almond macaroons).

Looks yummy!
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Made these to take to a party (and successfully stayed away from the goodies!)
    Chocolate butter cake pops
    dr6gcbz41wr1.jpg
    Coffee and almond cake with rum balls
    h4r2dxh3pssb.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    A cube shaped arancini "baked" in the air fryer made from leftover risotto. Ever since I watched David Chang make cube shaped croquettes on "Mind of a Chef" I have copied the idea. Much easier to cut a trayful of batter into cubes instead of rolling into balls. Going to apply the same principle next time I make scones or biscuits instead using a round cutter that requires re-rolling.

th1qy21q253l.jpeg
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I work at a university doing fundraising. I employ about 30 students, so I get to have fun and bake the treats. This is my Halloween BRAAAAIN cake! It's red velvet baked in a Pampered Cheg Batter bowl to get the correct shape, iced with pink frosting, then the brain coils are marsh-mellow fondant and glazed with a watered down jam.

wyi82gqgp1r4.jpg