Shoulder sublexation

Options
csplatt
csplatt Posts: 1,023 Member
Does anyone have instable shoulders that end up sliding out and back into socket unexpectedly? I am pouting because it happened to me (again) on a roller coaster yesterday so I am out of commission while it heals up 😥

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Have you been to an orthopedic surgeon and/or had physical therapy for this. If not I'd suggest seeing one and getting a referral to a physical therapist to prevent further damage and/or the eventual need for surgery.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. My doc gave me a steroid injection and it helped. It still shifts but it's not as painful as it was before the injection. Also, I still do the home exercises that the physical therapist gave me and I believe that has helped as well.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I would also advise physical therapy to help you strengthen the supporting muscles around the joint. Physical Therapy can be a long and painful process (at least it was for me when I strained tendons and muscles due to loose joints), but it's worth pushing through it for the end results. And once you have completed all of your appointments, continue on your own with the exercises you've learned so you'll be able to maintain or even improve upon your strength. Wishing you the best!
  • gers1976
    gers1976 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep I do. Most of my joints sublax regularly. I do have hypermobility spectrum disorder so that’s why