Any girls start over 300

Hey I’m wondering if any girls started at over 300 lbs?i went from 270 down to 138 back in 2014 and then got pregnant and since regained all the weight I loss back plus more. I hate I allowed myself to do this but I do know when I lost weight previously I still had a tummy and was unsure if it was fat or lose skin. Anyone over 300 lose over 150 lbs have loose skin and if so did it look similar to fat? I’d rather have lose lose skin then fat any day though. I have been on track better then ever and down 17 lbs and won’t give up

Replies

• malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    I started close to 300, but I've just started losing. Sending positive thoughts for you and your journey
  • detra78
    detra78 Posts: 2 Member
    I started at 311 at the end of March of this year. I’m now between 293-291.
  • random1434
    random1434 Posts: 3 Member
    Started at 380 in December now down to 335. Ultimste goal 200. Its hard but stay focused. #positive vibes
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    I was 995 lbs. No loose skin issues. I did take a break from religiously tracking my food and attempted to be a normal person eating at maintenance to give my body a rest too. Loose skin is primarily genetic.
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    I started at 363, currently I'm 294, still aways to go, but so far so good. I do expect loose skin as I had 4 kids, so I think in my tummy area and my upper arms its inevitable.
  • poseyrl
    poseyrl Posts: 2 Member
    I started at 351. Currently at 324, so I've got a long way to go, but I went from 400 down to 300 a few years ago, and didn't have loose skin with that weight loss. It might be different when I get to goal.
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    I did. Lost 170. Maintenance for several months now. You can take steps to minimize loose skin: hydration every day, lift heavy from the start, and nourish in a balanced way. Overall, I would rather have good health right now than plump, rounded appearing skin
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hey I’m wondering if any girls started at over 300 lbs? i went from 270 down to 138 back in 2014 and then got pregnant and since regained all the weight I loss back plus more. I hate I allowed myself to do this but I do know when I lost weight previously I still had a tummy and was unsure if it was fat or lose skin. Anyone over 300 lose over 150 lbs have loose skin and if so did it look similar to fat? I’d rather have loose skin than fat any day though. I have been on track better then ever and down 17 lbs and won’t give up
    • Started on MFP weighing 387 lbs
    • No loose skin issues from November 2013 at the age of 38 when I'd exceeded my goals (ie healthy weight range), presently maintaining my aesthetics around fitness/athletic.

All you can do now is to commit any spare time to drop the excess weight continuing with your programme - mindful of the following:
    • Genetics (+/-)
    • Hydration (Water mostly)
    • Nutrition (Fats/Proteins)
    • Regeneration (Restful sleep)
    • Lifestyle (Medication? Alcohol? Tobacco? Caffeine or other stimulants?)
    • Skin exfoliation
    • Skin hydration
    • Skin protection
    • Skin moisturisers/oils/creams/lotions
    • Lymphatic drainage massage

Congratulations @ 17 lbs loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!