Need advice on diet and exercise

Options
Hey all!
I need some advice on what to do next. I am approx 142 lbs and 5'4", I am less concerned about my weight than I am fine tuning my body. I am currently eating about 1300 calories a day, eating lots of protein and a balanced diet. I work out 3-5 days a week, heavy lifting and only enough cardio to get my blood pumping. I still have a nice layer of fat on my body that I would like to get rid of but my muscles are coming along nicely.

My question is, should I be eating at maintenance while lifting heavy instead of at a calorie deficit? Or Should I continue to eat at a deficit while lifting heavy to lose the fat first, then focus on eating at maintenance to gain muscle?

My goal is to lower my body fat while gaining muscle but I'm kind of lost on how much I should be eating to achieve that.

And I havent used MFP much for the social feature but would love to have a few friends to support along the way! Feel free to drop me a friend request

Thanks in advance!fqxp2ush5jel.png

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    If you really just want to maintain your weight and lose fat, you eat maintenance calories and continue to lift progressively.