Body Beast and the Ectomorph (Hardgainer)...need input

Options
So, I completed the first week, and the first muscle groups (pecs, triceps) are still sore from 5 days ago. I still can't walk well, after legs 4 days ago.

Everything I read about ectomorphs suggests that they need extra recovery time, and should not work out more than every other day.

Any thoughts? For those who don't know the program, it intensively works chest/triceps, legs, back and biceps, and shoulders on a rotating basis every 6 days (I'm doing the lean version which has 1 day of cardio/abs, and one rest day in each cycle).

It seems to me that there should be a modified schedule for this program for us. However, would there be too long between each body part with rest after each day? Maybe just an extra day after large muscle groups?

Please, I welcome your input. I'm not sure whether I should start the next cycle tomorrow or give it some more time.

Linda

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hardgainer = undereater.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ectomorph = naturally skinny, small frame. Eating 2150 cal/d for female 136 lbs.

The point is the recovery time for a specific body type, not the muscle gain. I do grow. But it takes a long time for my delayed muscle soreness to heal despite recovery drinks, eating well, etc. Apparently that is true of other ectomorphs. So the question, is, has anyone modified the Body Beast to suit this body type, and how did it work out for you?
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hardgainer = undereater.

Do I get to be called a "hardloser" if I eat too much?
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    ectomorph = naturally skinny, small frame. Eating 2150 cal/d for female 136 lbs.

The point is the recovery time for a specific body type, not the muscle gain. I do grow. But it takes a long time for my delayed muscle soreness to heal despite recovery drinks, eating well, etc. Apparently that is true of other ectomorphs. So the question, is, has anyone modified the Body Beast to suit this body type, and how did it work out for you?

The longer you keep working out and doing the same exercises, the faster DOMS goes away and the weaker it is. I would gather that you haven't been doing body beast type workouts for a year now?

Line up your nutritional input with your exercise output and your body will respond almost identical to everyone else's. Hardgaining is a myth.