Help losing while injuried

Options
mom22lappys1
mom22lappys1 Posts: 27 Member
I have about 100 to lose, but I have a bad back injury plus on meds that make it hard to lose. Any advise?

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Activity aids in weight loss but is largely of secondary concern. The vast majority of weight loss effort occurs 'in the kitchen' by addressing the number of calories consumed.

In fact it's entirely possible to lose all the weight while completely sedentary. You'd miss out on the health benefits of exercise and your strength and fitness will not improve greatly but the weight will come off as long as you maintain a calorie deficit. I an many others, for varying reasons, have lost a significant amount of our weight while undertaking zero exercise.

Just enter your details into MFP, set your activity level to 'Sedentary' (or whatever the lowest activity level is) and use the calorie goal assigned. Being sedentary it might also be a good idea to be conservative when selecting your desired rate of loss. Choosing a slower rate of loss (1lbs per week instead of 2lbs for example) will give you a more generous weekly calorie target to stick to and make things less stressful and easier to stick too.

G'luck
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    100% agree with @Danp as I've lost over 20 lbs so far with zero exercise due to my back and other issues. The main hardship is I don't get to eat more calories- I'm stuck with 1200. But it's totally possible!