I need help with my meal i just made

Options
kelgirl66
kelgirl66 Posts: 12 Member
edited June 2019 in Recipes
Hi there,

I need some help. I created a meal of chili that I made and I browned the ground turkey and added that and everything to the crockpot. So I scanned everything that was added to the crockpot and it turned out to be 4,074 calories for the whole crockpot. How do I break that down to a serving? It's not letting me do it. Help... I need the nutrient value etc fat carbs of this too. I thought if I say theres 20 servings in the whole pot I could divide everything by 20 but with the stuff I scanned there are different servings in each thing.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder. Enter all of the ingredients and amounts there and then you can set the number of servings. Since you have it nicely weighed out, make the whole recipe 4,074 servings, then weigh the portion you are going to eat and enter that weight as the number of servings in your food diary.
  • kelgirl66
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I can't use recipe builder and scan my stuff it won't let me.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Use the recipe builder. Enter all of the ingredients and amounts there and then you can set the number of servings. Since you have it nicely weighed out, make the whole recipe 4,074 servings, then weigh the portion you are going to eat and enter that weight as the number of servings in your food diary.

Wouldnt that only work if the entire crock pot meal weighs 4074grams?
  • kelgirl66
    Options
    nooboots wrote: »

it's 4,074 calories for the whole meal not grams..
  • kelgirl66
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I must not be explaining it right. I added everything through the scanner and it's not letting me divide it into servings. And I added each ingredient as a container so it added all the calories for each thing.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    kelgirl66 wrote: »

it's 4,074 calories for the whole meal not grams..

Yes I know, the other poster was saying that if you count 4074 servings for the whole pot and then weigh your meal when you eat it, your bowlful or whatever, then input the weight of your bowlful as the number of servings you have. But I can only see that working if there are 4074grams in the total crock pot and say you counted 200g as your bowl which would be 200 calories.

If it were me, I would put it into 10 pots and then count each pot as having 407 calories. Then you dont need to weigh out your portion each time (assuming you are going to eat all the meal and not share it with family, otherwise you need to try and ensure that each pot has the same weight in it.
  • kelgirl66
    Options
    I just figured out what I was doing wrong. I was not using the recipe builder I was using meal builder and it wouldn't let me divide it into servings. Thanks so much everyone for your help. I got it..
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options

Yep. I clearly wasn't reading and thought the OP said 4074 grams not calories.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    About how many servings do you think it is?
    Do you have a scale? Weigh an empty pot, pour all the chili in it. Weigh again. Subtract the weight of the empty pot to get the total weight of the chili.
    Save the ingredients of the chili as a “my meal”
    8 servings? Enter 1/8 of my meal chili.
    Play with the recipe builder so you can use it next time. It’s so easy and convenient once you get the hang of it, but I had to play with it a while before I got it.

Reread your post, you said 20 servings. You may have to work harder, change it a little, 1/8, save that, then 1/3 for 24 servings, or 1/2 for 16 servings.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I do it the other way. My "recipe" is the whole contents, then I assign the number of servings I get out of the mess - which is some convenient divisor. So, in a crockpot meal, I might say 16 servings which might be 8 full bowls of stuff. Something along that line. It seems to work ok that way.