No steps

Options
robinalexis
robinalexis Posts: 50 Member
edited June 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Fitbit Ionic; Yesterday was the first time I did not get any step credit for walking. I got 10,291 steps on fit bit; exercise was: Pilates for 50 min = 237 cal adjust; and 2 mi walk for 5,081 steps = 287 cal adjustment but no adjust for remainder of steps. Whaaaat? What do I need to fix?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That Calorie Adjustment is NOT exercise calories.

Merely the difference between Fitbit Total Daily Burned and MFP estimated with no exercise and your choice of activity level.

When you list a Cal Adjust for exercise calories it makes me think there is a misunderstanding - since that is very specific term on MFP.

Are you logging those manually on MFP for some reason?
    Where are you getting the calorie burn for it if that is the case?

That would for sure drop the Fitbit Adjustment, possibly to negative.
  • robinalexis
    Options
    Both activities synced from Fitbit
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    that happened to me yesterday with my fitbit. i had to unlink fitbit from mfp then link it back up again. after that i was good to go. i hope that works for you.
  • kickapoo8
    kickapoo8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If my FitBit is connect to the MyFitnessPal app, when or where will I see the number of steps that's recorded on my FitBit device?
  • jfrederick89
    jfrederick89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    seems bugged. it was working properly before. Normally it would drop because it is removing tracked activities during the time you said your workout was. now its dropping even if the time is different.
  • robinalexis
    Options
    @kickapoo8 usually with in 5-10, sometimes a litter linger unless something weird happens.

• adrien65
    adrien65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit will not connect to my myfittnespal. Stop working 5 Jun 2019.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Both activities synced from Fitbit

I don't have my Fitbit synced up right now in favor of the Garmin.

But Fitbit did NOT use the option to send workouts over.

They could change that with some coding changes on their side - but I'm doubtful they would.

Are you sure you don't have another account synced to MFP that is synced to Fitbit too?
    Like Strava or such?
    Fitbit has decided to send workouts to other accounts even if not to MFP.
    If they changed that on sync to MFP, that's great.

But no matter how it got there - it looks correct.

You'd have to click on the Adjustment for more details to see what occurred to confirm.

But whatever Fitbit said you burned in total, MFP subtracts the workouts it knows about.

So lets say end of day Fitbit says you burned 2516.

MFP takes out 516 known workout calories because that is in the 2516.

Fitbit 2000 - say MFP estimated daily burn no exercise of 2000 = 0 adjustment.

Base eating goal 1000 (must be manual change to go below the 1200) + workouts 516 + adjustment 0 = 1516.

1000 cal deficit from 2516 burned.

Or maybe Fitbit said 2316 total because the workouts made you sit more later, and you have Negative Calorie adjustments disabled which is default setting.
    Fitbit total 2316 - 516 workouts = 1816 daily burn without workouts.

Fitbit 1816 - 2000 MFP = neg 184, but since no negative it says 0.

Base 1000 + 516 = 1516 new eating goal
    800 deficit.

With negative enabled you'd have gotten the full 1000 deficit (hope that's reasonable for over 50 lbs left to lose)