A Little At A Time

Options
10 lbs in 6 months may not seem like a lot to some people. However, when you battle a weight issue and have a hard time losing weight you tend to take whatever you can get. This is where my story begins. I have battle with my weight for 8-9 years. Granted almost 8 years ago I gave birth to my last daughter but I have been battling the weight issue since then. I have come to realize that a lot of my issue was the relationships I was in. My last relationship was very toxic and I am realizing now, just how toxic it really was not only for my mental health but my overall health. I left that situation back in January of this year and have been conquering some very much needed self-confidence, self-esteem as well as getting my overall health in check. Since leaving the situation, I have come off of all of my depression and bipolar medication although I do still have my anxiety meds because that still gets to me every now and then. I have found myself taking better care of myself physically, mentally and pretty much any other way you can think of. I do not eat like I used to as I am not as stressed, emotional and I don't have to be someone or something I am not. I have overcome so much in just a few short months and I am continuing to strive to be a better me. I have found a man who loves me for me and doesn't care that I have a little extra weight. He actually prefers it. He doesn't talk down to me or make me feel like I am not good enough. We are taking things slow but I feel very confident and feel that this could be the right direction for me. He is out of my normal comfort zone and I think I like the feeling I get. He keeps encouraging me to just be me and do what I need to do to feel better about myself. I am going to continue doing what I need to do and if I lose more weight great. If I don't but maintain where I am at, I will be ok with that as well. I am starting to see a whole new me.

Replies

• terri1920
    terri1920 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great story and very encouragement. I also have a great husband and doesn't want me to loose too much weight. I just want to feel comfortable in my clothes. I wish the best for you.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,307 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, 10 lbs in 6 months is a tremendous success! Don't ever minimize it because the number seems small. :smile: Congratulations on everything that's changing in your life.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in six months is fantastic! And way healthier for long term! It sounds like you’re finding a whole new you ❤️
    Congratulations on your success and keep doing what you’re doing because it’s working!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you, and actually, that is really great progress. I've seen over the years that most who lose weight super fast end up rebounding. Yours is a sustainable manner and far more realistic. My progress losing 85 pounds way back when was slow too. The main thing is that what you are doing now is working, trust that, without comparing to anyone else. And yes, as you say, sometimes it's not what you are eating but what is "eating at you" to cause the bad eating habits, and you are fixing that too. Great job! Keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!