Grab and Go Breakfast Under 400

Options
The next couple of weeks i'll be starting work a couple hours early ( 5am meaning i'm waking up at 4am) so I won't have much time in a mornings. I want to plan out my budgets for these 2 weeks so I was wondering if anybody has some breakfast ideas that can be eaten on the go. Under 400 calories. For example a banana, a quest bar and a black coffee I can pour at work would put me at roughly 305/310 calories so hell even a small panera bread sized apple would be about 80.

But I want some ideas of what you eat to stay in budget when you are in a hurry in a morning.
To keep this thread relevant to this forum section also say how many calories you typically allow for breakfast.
I like to keep my lunch the biggest, dinner second with breakfast last spread out over an hour or maybe even two.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I make a variation of this http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/11/07/hot-chocolate-breakfast-smoothie/

I just use regular milk, honey or brown sugar instead of maple syrup, and add water to make it runny enough to drink through a straw. This time of year I don't heat it up either. Just put together at night and stick in the fridge, hit it with the emulsifier in the morning, and pour it into my travel mug.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I allow about 20-30 calories for breakfast in my black coffee.

Boil and peel some eggs in advance.

Also I wouldn't limit myself to just traditional breakfast food. What about a wrap? Maybe ham or bacon with some vegetables.

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Flat out with Pb and wrap up a banana. No need to refrigerate, eat whenever you get hungry.
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    And another vote for overnight oats. I did a quick number crunch of a basic recipe with no added sweetener or toppings. Not a bad building block, IMO.
    0qwakllh0ogr.png
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I make five bags of trail mix for each weekday breakfast. Theyre around 240 calories each (could easily be scaled up). Almonds (22g), granola (15g), and roasted edamame (12g). Adjust proportions to your preference, or add other fun stuff like dried fruit, dark chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, etc.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Icelandic yogurt, banana, Kodiak Powe Flapjacks, sugar free syrup.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    A Larabar (around 220 calories). Add a banana or fruit, if desired (around 100-150 cals)
    A couple of hard boiled eggs (around 160 cals). Add an apple or fruit, if desired.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, apple or banana, Greek yogurt, nuts, protein bar, egg "muffins", Kodiak cakes pancakes(made ahead) are all things that can be grab and go for breakfast. Mix it up to get the calorie count you want
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest make kodiak pancake in muffin tins on the weekend. Add whatever you like, a swirl of chocolate and nut butter if you like sweet, or use egg whites instead of water if you need protein. Half fill the muffin cup, add jelly, finish filling cup. Add a mashed banana or chopped apple. Freeze in individual bags, take Tuesdays out to thaw when you grab Monday’s to go.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal with added berries. I often wake up at 4 and it take minutes to prepare.