Let's motivate! 100+ to lose.

Options
CaydensMommy
CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
edited June 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone! I got over 100 to lose. I know I can do it, it's just falling off that is easier. A couple weeks ago, I held my grandmother's hand at her bedside and told her I'd be here for my son, get him through school. That was a couple days before she passed. Only way I can do that is lose this weight. It's hard to stay focused. I got so much mental stuff that gets in the way. I'm trying to work on a stronger me. Meaning getting rid of negativity, mentally and physically. In the next few weeks I'd like to see what's happening in my household to make a stronger me. People here can help mentally. Please add me. I hope to get on daily again. I'd like to have accountability help. I do have some work here to do myself. Please add me if you would like. Thanks everyone! :)

Replies

• MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think a casual observer would say I could still stand to lose over 100. At this moment I'm more focused on the process than the end result, so not really attaching a clear number. I'm very supportive though. :)
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I should add that one of my motivators is not making the mistakes my mother made in her life while still believing she would want me -- as would my grandmother -- to be happy and take advantage of the good in my life.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too am on the journey to lose over 100. I started about 7 weeks ago and have lost 37 already, BUT feel like I haven’t lost much, AND the scale is stuck in Park this week.

Wishing you all the best and glad to see we are now friends on here to keep track daily!

• McKay85
    McKay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Same here! I have actually been focusing on my negative self talk. Affirmation meditations have been helping me along with my spiritual journey. I have heard that the kindness if self is the way to go in order to overcome anything negative in your psyche. I'll add you and we can help each other.
  • anime1968
    anime1968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100 pound before and gained it all back, so here I am again. I'm good at losing and terrible at maintaining, because food is my crutch. I'm trying to learn that food is fuel and doesn't really make me feel better; it just diverts my attention.

We can all do it!
  • hjlind25
    hjlind25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar position, I have gained almost 100 pounds since i lost a significant amount in my early 20s. I had major reconstructive knee surgery at 50lbs over and it was a spiral of upset and frustration through the whole recovery. Recently I have taken to doing smaller things and being grateful and recognizing the accomplishments. Even little as I didn't want to work out today, but I did. Or I ran 1 extra minute or I ate 10 calories below my goal. Whatever it is, I take it and write it down and put it in a jar. It's amazing what it does mentally for you seeing it grow.