Fellow IIFYM friends!!!

Options
Hello everyone, so I have counted calories for a long time and lost about 25 pounds working out and counting calories but i became too obsessive and restricted and was eating around 800-900 cals a day and working out a lot with mostly cardio. I struggled with binging for a long time but have finally over come it and rarely binge anymore but i have taken a couple breaks from counting calories i felt like i needed to clear my head and not obsess so much over every little calorie. In the beginning of summer i was doing really well with eating clean and exercising with strength training and cardio but i was hit by a car so i took about a month off of the gym and just fell off the wagon for a little, I decided it is time to try something new and get these last couple pounds off so im trying If It Fits Your Macros is really great for me because you find that healthy balance of not being super strict but the majority of my meals are clean and healthy, i have been doing it for a couple days now and was looking for more friends who follow this way of eating as well! :)

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    IIFYM for lifeeeeee
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    P.S. Those of you who have stuck with it for more than a month i would love to hear your results and if it works for you!
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have followed this since I joined MFP. I have lost about 40 pounds and although I watch my macros I do tend to go over a little on carbs almost every day. You can add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • smittieaj
    smittieaj Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for 10 months now. I've had plenty of binge days too, but IIFYM and calorie counting definitely worked for me. I've lost about 75 pounds, and plan to lose a few more.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I follow the ways of IIFYM...For the most part I still eat healthy but mix in the good stuff as part of my overall day...Less binging compared to where I vowed to eliminate the stuff forever and I would binge like crazy when I got the chance...Much less binging now, and i haven't experienced the large weight regain like when I would go off other diets and go crazy.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    IIFYM for lifeeeeee

yes!!!