Samsung Galaxy Watch

Options
jaxstraww
jaxstraww Posts: 21 Member
I have a Fitbit Surge and love the integration with MFP app. I want an updated wearable and the SGW looks like a winner. Anyone have feedback on the upgrade as well as the best way to use the watch with MFP? Adding Samsung Health app has me confused on how all the data will sync if I want to walk without my phone.

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm returning mine. It was a pain and not worth the money.

The watch has Samsung Health installed on it, which will track your steps without your phone and syncs with MFP that way. The native step tracker in the watch does not sync with MFP.
  • dregz
    dregz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got a Samsung Galaxy watch 42mm and it works pretty well. For a while my steps weren't syncing, but after uninstalling and reinstalling the MFP app and re-syncing the apps together, it works great and I don't have to have my phone with me when I go on walks. Once your watch is near your phone and connected through bluetooth, it'll add those steps pretty seamlessly. My biggest gripe is the battery life, but if you mess with the settings you can get it to last about a day and a half before having to charge.