Hello:) Could someone help me out, lost 16 kg

Options
So im now 56 kg, Ive lost 16 kg. Im 18 year old female. Since I was a kid ( like 11-12 ) ive always hated my body, but specially my calves. My calves are so huge, even though ive lost 16 kg, they have only gone down like 1 cm :(

Im 56 kg and 158 cm, is having 37 cm ( about 14.6 inches ) calves normal? I know it sounds ridiculous probably, But Because of my calves ive struggled with being happy since i was a kid, and have struggled even making friends because i hate my body and specially my calves so much. Feel like ive missed out on happiess in my teen years with no friends. Ik I sound overdramatic, but im seriously so depressed and cant take it anymore, im almost in a panic mode everyday..

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get slimmer ( less muscular ) calves? Im planning on losing 10 kg more, will this help in slimming my big calves? Thanks so much for reply, reallyreaally means alot:)<33 thanks

Replies

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I have larger calves and I struggled for years with it, especially as I was bullied as a teenager for it. I'm 5ft 4 and currently 64.5kg (so heavier than I'd like to be) my normal weight is 55 - 58kg and I still have "large" calves.

For me personally, weight training and running helped them slim slightly and when they look toned I think they look good. I find losing fat overall does help but ultimately I've learnt to accept them and embrace them. I will never have slim legs so I have learnt to embrace the muscle!

I promise you, it will get better mentally. You'll eventually learn to accept and love yourself!

At your height, another 10kg would put you into the underweight category I wouldn't recommend losing more weight.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I haven't measured my calves in a while but I seem to remember them being about the same size as yours. Mine have always been large and I don't know anyone who ever cared in the least bit. Since you go so far as to say this causes you depression and panic and makes you miss out on enjoying life, I recommend you talk with a therapist to help you work through your feelings and learn to accept and hopefully like your body.

I would suggest taking a look at this thread with several posters talking about learning to love parts of themselves they used to dislike. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10751544/thigh-dimples/p1