1,200 calories

Options
amioc
amioc Posts: 175 Member
Hi I’m finding it so hard to stick to 1,200 calories I keep going over because I’m so hungry all the time! Does anyone have any tips on how to stick to 1,200 calories and not be so hungry?

Replies

• amioc
    Options
    My height is 5ft3inches my weight is 60kg but I’d like to be around 53kg and tone up. I’ve recently joined a gym. The rate of loss I’ve set is 2pound a week is that unrealistic?
  • amioc
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your help. I will up my calories a bit 😊 for me personally I’ve always been around 53kg I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been without being pregnant lol I’m on medication that makes me so hungry all the time hence the weight gain! and I just want the old me back ASAP! I want to feel comfortable again
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    I lost normally (1-1.5 lb per week) at 1200 and lost at exactly the same rate when I upped to 1350!

But 1-1.5 lbs/week suggests a calorie difference of 250, so it’s entirely possible that at 1350 you’d lose at that same general pace you did at 1200...
  • angelayarham
    angelayarham Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of weight to loose 60kilos I’m finding 1200 cal hard. Really hard. Any advice or tips anyone ?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I have a ton of weight to loose 60kilos I’m finding 1200 cal hard. Really hard. Any advice or tips anyone ?

How did you come to the number 1200 calories? did you enter your stats in MFP? or just pick it as that's the number you hear about in diet groups?

lose a bit slower, eat a bit more. there is no rule that you have to pick the most aggressive rate of loss.
    also, reconsider if you really are sedentary or not. sedentary on MFP is really really really sedentary.

eat back a reasonable estimate of your purposeful exercise calories.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    eat a very light breakfast. drink lots of fluids, non calorie of course. it's 100% mental

this varies. I need a good solid filling breakfast to make it thru the mornings (and adhere to calorie goals). Everyone is different.

I'm the same. My biggest meal of the day is breakfast.
  • therealislandgirl
    therealislandgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I’m always going over my 1200 calories! I have 45 pounds to lose and would like to still feel like I’m eating more than a toddler 😞
  • bosque1234
    bosque1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No matter what daily cal goal you have, some ideas I have found here and elsewhere to help with the 'feeling full' thing: Drink lots of fluids, eat a lot of fiberous foods like veggies. They are low cal and fill you up and as long as you don't slather tons of butter and stuff on them, you can't go wrong on calories with them, include some form of lean protein every day, supplement that with a protein powder scoop mixed into something like coffee even, eat fresh fruit daily. If you're eating diet, pre-made frozen dinners, they have no fiber, look sad, taste sad and although are low calorie, the lack of fiber and nutrients make them a bad choice. Easy, yes. Hope this helps a little!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    eat a very light breakfast. drink lots of fluids, non calorie of course. it's 100% mental

this varies. I need a good solid filling breakfast to make it thru the mornings (and adhere to calorie goals). Everyone is different.

Same here, hungrier during the morning/afternoon but absolutely not hungry at all later on
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Figure out what types of food you find filling, also. I could eat eggs all day and never feel full, but a single small apple for breakfast keeps me going until lunch. I'm all about those tasty carbs. But other people are the reverse. Everyone works a little differently. It takes some experimenting.