I'm lowering my calories back down

Options
2»

Replies

• promisesstandin
    promisesstandin Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    PPS: I also pick up water weight when I don't get a solid 8 hrs sleep. Something to consider maybe.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Remember when you first cut calories, and you had that first big loss the first week or so? Well, paybacks are ——.
    Every time I take a few days of higher calories, it comes back. I go back to low calories, it goes away quickly again. Just part of the game.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'd like to share another piece on this,..... I, too, readjusted my caloric intake about 3-4 months ago. I had been on a deficit for a while and my body had adjusted to it (meaning it didn't need many calorics to function). The problem with caloric deficit is that, because your body finds a new set point (how many calories it can function on by adjusting its own metabolism) my metabolism (I feared) was starting to slow down. You might say, it takes a lot to slow it down, but I had been on the lower end for about 9 months and had lost 100 lbs. So, to be proactive, I had increased my calories to between 1,500 - 2,000 and sometimes even more. All the while, I still watched my CARBS (between 20-35 NET) because I am keto. In a month, I picked up about 5 lbs. but I'm not worried. I have reset my metabolism back up to expecting to burn about 1,800-2,100 calories so when I practice some more calorie restriction for my next 35 lbs. I should see a great whooshing effect. PS: My labs are all great, no meds, and doing this wisely. Glad for your pizza night with your son - it would throw me backwards for about a week, just sayin', Is there any way you can just eat the toppings when you get your pizza. Bring the crust to a pond to feed the ducks with your son (if you aren't worried it will hurt the ducks-hehe). Congrats on getting healthier - you can move around better now with your boy! :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm not in Keto so carbs are not a problem for me. I'm sticking with what I'm doing. Yesterday I was 205.8 and today 203.4 so who know what the heck is going on. Just push through it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'd like to share another piece on this,..... I, too, readjusted my caloric intake about 3-4 months ago. I had been on a deficit for a while and my body had adjusted to it (meaning it didn't need many calorics to function). The problem with caloric deficit is that, because your body finds a new set point (how many calories it can function on by adjusting its own metabolism) my metabolism (I feared) was starting to slow down. You might say, it takes a lot to slow it down, but I had been on the lower end for about 9 months and had lost 100 lbs. So, to be proactive, I had increased my calories to between 1,500 - 2,000 and sometimes even more. All the while, I still watched my CARBS (between 20-35 NET) because I am keto. In a month, I picked up about 5 lbs. but I'm not worried. I have reset my metabolism back up to expecting to burn about 1,800-2,100 calories so when I practice some more calorie restriction for my next 35 lbs. I should see a great whooshing effect. PS: My labs are all great, no meds, and doing this wisely. Glad for your pizza night with your son - it would throw me backwards for about a week, just sayin', Is there any way you can just eat the toppings when you get your pizza. Bring the crust to a pond to feed the ducks with your son (if you aren't worried it will hurt the ducks-hehe). Congrats on getting healthier - you can move around better now with your boy! :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm not in Keto so carbs are not a problem for me. I'm sticking with what I'm doing. Yesterday I was 205.8 and today 203.4 so who know what the heck is going on. Just push through it.

Meh, water weight fluctuations can happen and even more of a swing than you are experiencing. As I said above, don't put too much stock in day to day readings. Look at the overall trend over time.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

Meh, water weight fluctuations can happen and even more of a swing than you are experiencing. As I said above, don't put too much stock in day to day readings. Look at the overall trend over time.

And today I'm down again to 203.0. I'm hoping tomorrow I go past my lowest time if 206.4. of course you never know where that scale will go. 🤣