MFP recipe builder question

Hi All,

I hope you can help and sorry if this is a dumb question. :flowerforyou: I just added my chili recipe into the recipe builder. My question is - how do a know how much a serving is of it??? I never measured it out before. I'm not sure how many servings it makes. In the past I I just ate a bowl full. Help? :smile:

Replies

• Ldenzel
    Ldenzel Posts: 91 Member
    I always base mine off of how many normal sized servings I get. So, if you normally get 8 bowls of chili out of the recipe, I would put down that it makes 8 servings (this is assuming that you use the same size bowl and fill it the same way)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    You will have to actually measure out what a standard serving is for you and extrapolate that out.
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 121 Member
    Unfortunately you'll have to measure it out yourself. Its a pain in the butt for stuff like chili thats not easily divisible. Last time I made chili I actually got out a measuring cup and measured the whole thing out into a container before I ate any.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    I have a big clear 8 cup measuring cup that I can put a whole recipe in to see how much it is. Then I use a measuring spoon to serve it. (Or mostly I estimate how many cups it makes based on what is going in.)