Unexpected Physical change after weightloss....

Options
RuchikaPal
RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
Well in a desperate need of motivation.... I was wondering what were the unexpected changes you witnessed after you succeeded in losing fat and inches.....

There are usually those obvious changes one sees and hopes for like..flat stomach, toned arms, smaller face.... But I have heard many people talk about some good changes they discovered after weightloss... Mainly just physical.... Any insights? .....

Thanks.... In serious need of motivation.... :drinker:

Replies

• clbowman91
    Options
    Well, I can sleep with my arms over my head without my neck fat and boobs smothering me. So, that's a plus, because it used to be my favorite way to sleep. Sleeping on my stomach has gotten easier as well. Also, my boyfriend leaned in to give me a hug and kiss goodnight the other night and my hip bone was going into his stomach. lol. It's usually the other way around. I've only lost 6 lbs, too. But, I've lost almost 23 inches all over. Plus, my knees and hips don't hurt when I run anymore. My chest and behind are shrinking, however they look so much better now. I don't know that all of these were unexpected, but they are nice (:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Aches and pains in my feet and legs - from little injuries mainly, like falling off my bike a couple of times - disappeared!

My rings are spinning on my fingers - I can put my wedding and engagement ring on my right hand now!

Also my watch spins on my wrist.

I can feel my waist - it's weird I know, but I can feel that I have one again when I'm moving, for example I was dancing in the kitchen earlier while I was cooking, and I could feel that I have a waist and my hips were moving below it! It's like a joint has been inserted that was missing before.

I can sit on the floor or kneel or stoop (e.g. gardening) for much much longer! Much less discomfort! And I can stand up from sitting on the floor without having to haul myself up on the furniture! And I get pins and needles much less.

I can walk much much quicker. And keep it up!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    not being as winded is my favorite one - easily being able to handle small physical tasks and walking with ease.

But whether good or bad (depending on how you feel lol):
    - feeling and seeing your collar bones and veins in your hands/ arms (weird but true story)
    - feeling my hip bones and ribs
    - when sleeping feeling your knees (no more fat to keep a nice cushion between them lol)
    - losing your butt and/ or boobs (but with the butt you suddnely cant sit as much since again there is no cushioning haha)
    NOW given all that would I EVER want to regain my weight??? NO WAY!!!! :bigsmile: The good outweighs the bad for sure pun totally intended

Though I will admit I really miss my boobs :sad:

PS it sounds like I'm underweight but I'm not, thats just what is under all that fat lol
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    not being as winded is my favorite one - easily being able to handle small physical tasks and walking with ease.

But whether good or bad (depending on how you feel lol):
    - feeling and seeing your collar bones and veins in your hands/ arms (weird but true story)
    - feeling my hip bones and ribs
    - when sleeping feeling your knees (no more fat to keep a nice cushion between them lol)
    - losing your butt and/ or boobs (but with the butt you suddnely cant sit as much since again there is no cushioning haha)
    NOW given all that would I EVER want to regain my weight??? NO WAY!!!! :bigsmile: The good outweighs the bad for sure pun totally intended

Though I will admit I really miss my boobs :sad:

PS it sounds like I'm underweight but I'm not, thats just what is under all that fat lol

All of this rings true for me too! Except I'm happy that my boobs are smaller. I laughed when I read about feeling the knees, it's true, it hurts now. I can't have them one on top of the other. And sitting in the bleachers while my sons are at swim practice, I have to sit on their towels because it hurts with no cushioning. I still have 20 lbs to go, so I'm not super thin either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!