Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

No cook lunch

skelley4753skelley4753 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
in Recipes
What are some healthy and fulfilling no cook lunch meals?

My biggest struggle is staying away from fast food, because of my business. I do residential remodeling so I'm always on the go. Very rarely do I have a microwave or refrigerator available.

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Posts: 3,865Member Member Posts: 3,865Member Member
    This is maybe a bit boring, but the lunch I bring to my desk is defrosted frozen veg (100g) with about the same quantity of leftover protein from the night before. Protein needs to be sliced thinly so you can deal with it using disposable cutlery. Although I have access to both a microwave and fridge, I use neither.
  • littlegreenparrot1littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 164Member Member Posts: 164Member Member
    Salad. I have a thermal lunch bag, it will keep very happily in there with a freezer block, or a small frozen bottle of water.
    A flatbread with hummus and olives.
  • k8eekinsk8eekins Posts: 2,075Member Member Posts: 2,075Member Member

My biggest struggle is staying away from fast food, because of my business. I do residential remodeling so I'm always on the go. Very rarely do I have a microwave or refrigerator available.

Are you accessible to any camping cooking equipment? An electric kettle? A toaster oven? If yes - then MREs.

Zero heat options: Trail-mix, protein bars/slices, jerky, protein tortillas with foil-packed canned meats.
    edited June 29
  • geauxtigerlilygeauxtigerlily Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    I had these shrimp spring rolls for lunch all last week and they are very good without heating up! I think they'd be ok for a few hours in an insulated lunch bag, but you could always leave out the shrimp if you're worried about that. I made them all on Sunday, and they kept well all week, even with the avocado.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/shrimp-summer-rolls-with-peanut-hoisin/

The recipe doesn't call for rice noodles, but I added some to my rolls since I like them. I calculated about 300 calories for two rolls with dipping sauce. They're very satisfying with the mix of refreshing flavors (cilantro, basil, hoisin) and textures (crunchy from the cabbage and carrots, creamy from the avocado, soft from the wrapper/noodles). I overstuffed mine, though, so I mostly ended up eating the dish with a fork like a salad, but it still made for a good lunch.
  • CynthiaMargiottaCynthiaMargiotta Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    I'm low carb so I buy a roast chicken at the grocery store every week and take about 6 oz (not counting the bones) just about every day.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,808Member Member Posts: 6,808Member Member
    I'm low carb so I buy a roast chicken at the grocery store every week and take about 6 oz (not counting the bones) just about every day.

Save those bones and make quick chicken soup or stock.
  • sacangel92sacangel92 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I have been eating this for lunch every day. It’s avocado, turkey, tomatoes, olives, and pesto!!
  • hesn92hesn92 Posts: 5,491Member Member Posts: 5,491Member Member
    I'm pretty boring, I just eat a sandwich and some type of veg dipped in ranch on the side. I would just put it in a lunchbox with a cooler.
  • nounicornsherenounicornshere Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    k8eekins wrote: »

Are you accessible to any camping cooking equipment? An electric kettle? A toaster oven? If yes - then MREs.

Zero heat options: Trail-mix, protein bars/slices, jerky, protein tortillas with foil-packed canned meats.

Maybe try checking this page. There are different options for choosing the oven you need. See for yourself: they can function on any fuel you want including wood, gas or alcohol tabs. In my case, I would go for wood stove because I love the smoky smell and it's all natural :)
    qxh7nteooc0h.jpg
  • NoHookUpZoneNoHookUpZone Posts: 1,458Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,458Member, Premium Member
    When I'm on the go and need to grab something, there's a few places around here that do carbless. It's saved me on more than one occasion
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,808Member Member Posts: 6,808Member Member
    Go to a store on sunday and pick up whole roasted chicken, large tub of mixed greens, 5 tomatoes and bread / pita of choosing.
    Shred the chicken and divide everything into 5 portions for 5 days. There. Cheap, easy, low calorie and quick.
  • raylo1313raylo1313 Posts: 20Member Member Posts: 20Member Member
    Go to a grocery stores instead of fast food places and peruse their delis. Some have hot and cold to go foods.
  • leahkathleen13leahkathleen13 Posts: 277Member, Premium Member Posts: 277Member, Premium Member
    I like an Apple, cheese stick, and cold chicken breast. It keeps in a brown bag just fine. You could add carrots, cucumber,or pepper slices. I make a pan of chicken, just baked and in the fridge. The cheese sticks and apples keep for a long time. I never seem to get sick of this.
  • GrizzledSquirrelGrizzledSquirrel Posts: 72Member Member Posts: 72Member Member
    Try chunky soups or stew in a flask. Even in warm weather, hot food feels a lot more satisfying IMO and after a morning at work, a few sad veggies just don’t really do it for me.
  • Pburgie24Pburgie24 Posts: 67Member Member Posts: 67Member Member
    Pickles wrapped with deli turkey/chicken and cheese.
    Salad - Any sort really.

Premade chicken/tuna salad pouch with veggies.