Vegetarian meals

TarzanMoo
TarzanMoo Posts: 10 Member
Hello lovely MFP people,

Just getting started on my weightloss journey and wondering if anyone has any good vegetarian meal ideas? I always like to have a list of meals so I don't get bored with what I'm eating :)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    This is a personal favorite food website, and the dishes are vegetarian: https://www.101cookbooks.com/

Searching for vegetarian bloggers would likely get you some great ideas.
  • AmyHammons1
    AmyHammons1 Posts: 49 Member
    I love my "Happy Herbivore " cookbooks. Simple ingredients, fast, easy. You can find them at your library or cheap (used) on amazon.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    This is a personal favorite food website, and the dishes are vegetarian: https://www.101cookbooks.com/

Thanks for the link! Great site! 😋
  • TarzanMoo
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

This is a great website already found a few new things! Thank you for sharing :) good idea about the bloggers too :)
  • TarzanMoo
    I love my "Happy Herbivore " cookbooks. Simple ingredients, fast, easy. You can find them at your library or cheap (used) on amazon.

Thank you for the recommendation! I will definitely have a look at that 😊
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    I'm on a pad thai kick currently! You can make with tofu or just veggies/peanuts
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    My favorite vegetarian meals were versatile ones. Recipes I could alter everytime I made them.

Vegetarian wraps: fav was tempeh salad: cubed original tempeh, finely diced onion, diced heirloom tomato, shredded carrots, finely chopped celery, avocado oil mayo, splash of soy sauce, dill weed, salt and pepper, mix all together and throw in a wrap.

Puerto Rican chickpea salad: can of chickpeas, chopped tomatoes (I prefer heirloom), diced onion, diced bell pepper, chopped cilantro, splash of olive oil, 1-2 tbsp cumin, sprinkle of salt & pepper, lemon and/or lime juice. I eat straight out of the mixing bowl, unless having to share. ;)

Lavash or pita bread pizzas: my fav is Mediterranean influenced: very little basil pesto for sauce, black olives or capers, red onions, spinach, tomatoes, a little feta and/or parmesan.

Pad Thai (stir fry) noodles (udon, rice, or pad Thai), coconut or sesame oil, fresh basil, fresh cilantro, any vegetables and mushrooms all thrown in one pot, wok, or skillet. I used to cook in a mix of teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and Thai peanut sauce... Sometimes would add a dash of sweet and sour sauce.

It's fun to play with vegetarian dishes, especially with herbs, seasonings, and flavor profiles.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    I just had a massive bowl of miso soup. It was delicious - punnet of oyster mushrooms, about half a cup edamame beans, TSP fresh ginger, 2 chopped spring onions, about a tablespoon miso paste
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    I found a new book at my library called Frugal Vegan by Katie Koteen & Kate Kasbee. I copied a bunch of recipes, and a lot of them don't have to be vegan if you use butter or regular cheese.