Hello!

Options
Hi guys! Like many of you, I have battled with weight issues my whole life. I've weighed as little as 98lbs at the age of 17 (I was eating about 500 calories a day) and as much as 305 (three weeks ago). I'm really tired of being tired all the time. I'm sick of my feet and knees hurting from carrying around my body. I'm over not being able to shop for clothes outside of the plus size section. Last week, at work, I attended a luncheon and when I tried to sit down at the table, I didn't fit in the chair. I had to get up and find a chair I would be able to sit in, which meant I also had to explain what I was doing to all of my co-workers. Ouch.

But I'm here now. I've been logging food, trying to step up my activity level, and have been trying to stay under 1,500 calories a day. It's been three weeks now, and I've lost ten pounds. I'm hoping to find support and encouragement from this forum. I'd love to make some friends here, and be able to support and encourage others as well! Please reach out! :smiley:

Replies

• Mishilovescolours
    Mishilovescolours Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey Olive, that’s good you have added MFP. I have also been battling this my whole life. And that is over fifty years. I am doing Keto and have been doing it almost twelve weeks now. It is working for me. Although I think it is important to do the method that works best with you. Feel free to add me .
  • BlackRoseDreams
    BlackRoseDreams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was never normal weight, not even as a child but I'm still trying to lose it. I have been on various diets since I was in second grade, none have worked for long. I wish you luck with your goals, and I'm usually around if you need a friend.
  • Lynn_091819
    Lynn_091819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you got this girl! :)
  • bunny3269
    bunny3269 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! You can do this! Please feel free to add me!
  • rush210
    rush210 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Check into Intermittent Fasting! YouTube it, great resources to lose weight healthy. Add me if you'd like. Best of luck hun!