Loosing weight/injury

Trying to eat right and workout is very limited because of a slipped disk in my lower spine. Was working out everyday for an hour and now can only do very limited exercises. Pooch is getting bigger. Help please.

Replies

• Delynne2127
    Delynne2127 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been injured for 8 months. I have multiple buldged discs and nerve damage all down my left leg. I had gained weight because of this, and I already needed to lose some! I have been using Xyngular and the Keto plan. I have been 100% faithful to the eating and have lost 16.5 lbs in 30 days. Now I need to continue, but the toning up part is what stinks! Keep plugging away!! Lose what weight you need and worry about the toning up when your back is feeling better!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    All that is needed to lose weight is eating fewer calories that you burn. You can create that deficit in various ways including only via what you eat. Have you set of MFP to have you lose X pounds a week? Are you using a food scale? If not, I suggest doing so.
  • rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    I’m another for the slipped disk club. I’ve used walking (only flat or treadmill) and gentle yoga as my main exercises. I started doing some Pilates two months ago to strengthen my core and that has helped my back but it’s a constant struggle. Some days I can do it and some days I can’t. Like @aokoye says what’s needed to lose weight is to decrease calories. So even if you don’t exercise you can lose weight and that is also likely to help your back some! When you feel better you might have other options.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,970 Member
    You just need to lower the calories that you eat. I've had multiple back surgeries and have had a lot of physical therapy. If you can, see a therapist about core strengthening exercises you can do. Walking is great as well, though in my case I can't go too far because of nerve pain. My choice of cardio is a recumbent bike. It supports the back while you ride while getting a great workout.