Keto Beginner

Options
2»

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    The Keto group on here is great, and also the Low Carber Daily Forum group is great.

Both places for tips, recipes, and to chat with other ketoers.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    sophie1705 wrote: »
    Hi what do you all eat as a snack.... I’m new to this and I’m finding myself dying to grab a bag of crisps

After body adjust to increased fat grams and deprivation of carbs, most cravings or needs to snack go away.

But in the moments anyone in my household wants a snack, they grab a bite of cheese, deli sliced meat, avocado, olives, boiled eggs, a few cherry tomatoes.

I also make up a batch of tuna salad (1 can of albacore tuna--I prefer Trader Joe's, 2-3 boiled eggs, 2-4 tbsp olive oil mayo, salt and lemon pepper to taste). Throw a couple spoonfuls in a lettuce wrap, or eat with avocado and tomatoes, or we snack straight out of the bowl. Could do the same with a chicken salad.

Also pre make up, smear a little room temperature (softened) cream cheese on a deli slice of meat, roll up, cut in half. We sometimes make these up in batches and snack on for a while.

Nuts are good crunchy snacks.

Sweet cravings are easy on Keto... Fat bombs: my fav: 2/3 cup coconut oil, 2/3 cup peanut butter unsweetened, 1-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1-2 tbsp stevia, swerve, or monk fruit. Heat on low and stir. Once everything looks smooth, I mix in about 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes for a little texture, pour into lightly greased ice tray (I spray an organic Olive oil spray), freeze. Pop them out, keep frozen or move to the fridge.

These are few things we snack on, when we the need arises.