Sticking to plan but gaining

Options
I'm sticking to my calories which are 1360cal based on being sedentary and aiming for 1lb loss per week. Each week I've stuck to it I've gained.
I do aim to eat any calories I get back from the little walking that I do manage to fit in.

Is it maybe an adjustment period?
I had previously done slimming world but got frustrated with the restrictions. Dont know if this has been a factor in going back to a variety of foods

Replies

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi

Have you been using a food scale to weigh your portions? It wasn’t until I started using a food scale that I realised I had previously been eating more than I thought I was. I had been “eyeballing” and using other methods for weighing my food which turned out to be very inaccurate. If you don’t use one, I’d highly recommend it.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    How long has it been?
    If you are gaining, you are eating more than you think. Are you weighing and measuring your food/beverages accurately? Is your calorie burn from walking accurate? Most people only eat back a portion of exercise calories.
  • roobella
    roobella Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything out with a digital scale so its definitely not that. I'll try with not eat the exercise calories and see how that goes
    Thanks
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    roobella wrote: »
    I do aim to eat any calories I get back from the little walking that I do manage to fit in.

How much walking do you fit in?

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    how long have you been weiging all foods and logging?

what exactly are the numbers on teh scale (people scale) during that time?

how carefully are you choosing database entires (They are full of errors)? If you were open to it, you could temporarily open your food diary and members with experience can take a peak see if they find any possible clues.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    roobella wrote: »
    I weigh everything out with a digital scale so its definitely not that. I'll try with not eat the exercise calories and see how that goes
    Thanks

Please don't do this. 1360 is not a lot of calories. You'll just end up undereating and over stressing your body.

What is your height and weight? How long has it been? Have you changed the foods you're eating?