FOOD RUT

Options
Smacfit_
Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
I am in a mega food rut and slowly slipping off the wagon :( sick of everything I've been making and frustrated and teetering on the verge of going back to my old ways.

What are some of your favorite go-to recipies? Looking for ideas that are not too complicated and have lots of protien. Bonus for anything I can add frozen veg to as fresh very expensive in my area.

TIA!

Replies

• FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am in a food rut I explore a different way of eating. It helps me come up with new things to try and to see what I would like to add to my rotation. I recently started eating low carb Mediterranean dishes and it's been really great. I just did this recipe by Giada with boneless skinless chicken thighs and it was really tasty. It got a, "When are you making that again?" from my hubby.

https://giadzy.com/recipes/italian-sheet-pan-chicken/
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I've recently rediscovered the beauty of stir frying. You can toss in any amount or type of protein you want plus your frozen veggies. 😀
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    aidydh wrote: »
    Whenever I am in a food rut I explore a different way of eating. It helps me come up with new things to try and to see what I would like to add to my rotation. I recently started eating low carb Mediterranean dishes and it's been really great. I just did this recipe by Giada with boneless skinless chicken thighs and it was really tasty. It got a, "When are you making that again?" from my hubby.

https://giadzy.com/recipes/italian-sheet-pan-chicken/

Thank you!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    If you use Cascadian Farms frozen veggies, you end up with a lovely stirfry, not mush. Not sure what brand your cat uses. 😛
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    www.pinterest.com
    www.allrecipes.com
    www.skinnytaste.com

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    www.seriouseats.com
    www.epicurious.com
    www.bonappetit.com
    www.simplyrecipes.com
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I google for recipes, honestly. I am not sure why you think that is rude.

America’s Test Kitchen is fun too.

Me too -- I start with ingredients I have on hand or something that comes to mind as something I want to work with, and then google if no ideas come to me. Or maybe flip through a cookbook and modify.
    aokoye wrote: »
    www.seriouseats.com
    www.epicurious.com
    www.bonappetit.com
    www.simplyrecipes.com

These are some of my favorites. Also 101cookbooks.com and foodandwine.com