Addicted

ddgx300
ddgx300 Posts: 19 Member
edited June 2019 in Chit-Chat
I write this because I feel like I have nowhere to go, no one to talk to about this. I feel ashamed of myself. I feel addicted to food. I eat and I feel better about myself as a person. I instanly feel like a decent human being when I eat. I never feel full, I could eat all day and never stop it takes extreme self control not to do that. I will eat until I throw up if I dont concentrate hard enough. I am in the military and I constantly get told how fat I am, by almost everyone. It hurts me inside. I hide it but I cry myself to sleep sometimes. I hate myself. I hate how I feel. All the time. Except for when I am eating or about to eat. I wish I had the guts to kill myself some days. I think of my kids and that seems to get me through. I don't feel good enough, and I dont feel like I deserve to breathe the same oxygen that other people breathe. I know what is making me gain weight but I can’t stop. I am just to weak of a person. If I tell the doctor I am addicted to food he will tell me how stupid I am, yet he will tell me I am obese. I don't like who I am anymore and I am constantly sad. I try to work out and eat right and I will do great for a couple months at a time. I just can’t seem to make it stick. I wish people could see how much I hurt on the inside. I wish that I had help, I wish I didnt have to constantly eat to feel happy inside. I feel like a loser for writing this here. I just wanted to get it out maybe I will feel better tommorow.

Replies

• Moon_Stone
    Moon_Stone Posts: 150 Member
    ddgx300 wrote: »
    I write this because I feel like I have nowhere to go, no one to talk to about this. I feel ashamed of myself. I feel addicted to food. I eat and I feel better about myself as a person. I instanly feel like a decent human being when I eat. I never feel full, I could eat all day and never stop it takes extreme self control not to do that. I will eat until I throw up if I dont concentrate hard enough. I am in the military and I constantly get told how fat I am, by almost everyone. It hurts me inside. I hide it but I cry myself to sleep sometimes. I hate myself. I hate how I feel. All the time. Except for when I am eating or about to eat. I wish I had the guts to kill myself some days. I think of my kids and that seems to get me through. I don't feel good enough, and I dont feel like I deserve to breathe the same oxygen that other people breathe. I know what is making me gain weight but I can’t stop. I am just to weak of a person. If I tell the doctor I am addicted to food he will tell me how stupid I am, yet he will tell me I am obese. I don't like who I am anymore and I am constantly sad. I try to work out and eat right and I will do great for a couple months at a time. I just can’t seem to make it stick. I wish people could see how much I hurt on the inside. I wish that I had help, I wish I didnt have to constantly eat to feel happy inside. I feel like a loser for writing this here. I just wanted to get it out maybe I will feel better tommorow.

Do you have anyone that you can talk with regarding your feelings that can help you find coping mechanisms other than food?

Thoughts of suicide as a coping mechanism is no joke or even fantasizing about it. I truly hope you reach out to someone for your sake and your kids.

Doctors are professionals and I think that if you ask for help, you will receive it without judgement. Asking for help is the first step and there is nothing to be ashamed about doing that when thats needed. Its a brave first step. Everyone struggles at some point.