Calorie adjustment

Options
Hi, I am on SlimmingWorld but also ise MFP to track calories etc ...... its set for a 2lb weekly loss goal but I also gain extra calories through tracking my activity via my apple watch.
I just wondered should I be eating the calories I get credited through every day movement as well as work outs. Tbf I have seen great results but wonder would they be better if I ate just the exact calories per day and didn’t add in the exercise earned cals ? Im very new to how this all works, also my job is sitting for 12 hours a day so had activity lvl set to reflect this, I now try to get a 4 mile walk in at least twice a week.... should my activity lvls be changed to reflect this
Thanks in advance

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Results are better when you eat your exercise calories. Because otherwise you lose weight too quickly which is stressful on your body and in many people results in hair and/or muscle loss.

The way MFP math works, you lose weight even without doing any exercise at all. People in wheel chairs can lose weight. If you're doing exercise on top of it, it's like needing to put more gas in your car because you drive more.

Technically you should be listed as sedentary, that's based on your job. And then after you exercise, you get more calories. That's sort of like playing with cash. You can change your activity level if you prefer (the numbers after supposed to be the same either way if you do it right), which is a little like paying with credit. As long as you keep doing your walks, it'll work out.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I don't think the Apple watch and MFP integrate properly - worth doing a search to find the problem/solution.

Is there any real benefit to you in using an activity tracker as opposed to just using the MyFitnessPal activity setting and logging your exercise walks?