Peak week ?

Options
fitfrance2017
fitfrance2017 Posts: 2 Member
What are you eating during peak week?
What is your workout routine during peak week?
Tips?

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    WTHeck is Peak Week?
  • lynntoews96
    lynntoews96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same is Peak!!
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    What makes this peak week?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    First thought was peak of the year? Middle?
    Google educated me tho, its a bodybuilding thing (no wonder I didn't get it)
  • InkgirlKC
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Yes but what makes it peak week this week? Are they all on the same schedule?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    InkgirlKC wrote: »

Excellent point!
    Maybe when OP comes back they will educate us
  • Danw586
    Danw586 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Be sure to eat some carbs a couple days before your show to get the fullness in your muscles.

Other than that, I'd recommend a balanced diet assuming you are already at your goal bodyfat for your competition.
  • Danw586
    Options
    Also, keep the frequency and intensity but go lower on volume for workouts.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I didn't get it either. OP, you might want to post this in the Goal: Gaining Weight forum to get more traction https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/goal-gaining-weight
  • InkgirlKC
    Options
    @Vikka_V wrote: »
    InkgirlKC wrote: »

Excellent point!
    Maybe when OP comes back they will educate us

Why am I thinking that will never happen?
  • Danw586
    Options
    It's called peak week because supposedly the bodybuilder is at her/his peak physique.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Danw586 wrote: »
    It's called peak week because supposedly the bodybuilder is at her/his peak physique.

How does one know they are at their peak? Perhaps believing you can achieve that is in essence giving up. Shouldn’t we continue striving for better?!

Depleting yourself of carbs and then loading a couple days prior. Or, water loading and then eliminating water intake 24 hours prior to competition, are all tricks to make you look good. That isn’t ones peak. Personally, I think it should be called something else.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Danw586 wrote: »

How does one know they are at their peak? Perhaps believing you can achieve that is in essence giving up. Shouldn’t we continue striving for better?!

Depleting yourself of carbs and then loading a couple days prior. Or, water loading and then eliminating water intake 24 hours prior to competition, are all tricks to make you look good. That isn’t ones peak. Personally, I think it should be called something else.

Depending on the person and their approach, some now don't do 'peak week' - they say that if you're not "at your peak" as you put it above, in the last week then they're not ready for the stage anyway, so no water or carb manipulation. At least with bikini girls anyway.

Others do the whole lot. carb depletion, carb loading, water loading etc etc...

And you know what? Sometimes people look BETTER a day or so AFTER comp, once they actually got some food in them!

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Tips?

Brownies. Sometimes pizza...in moderation. But all the frozen yogurt. I need a healthy balance...oh and red wine on the weekdays.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Tips?

Brownies. Sometimes pizza...in moderation. But all the frozen yogurt. I need a healthy balance...oh and red wine on the weekdays.

Marry me.

Only if you divorce me right after.